What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Ghost follows around a child as a sort of guardian unknown to the child, middle grade

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason Hicks (jasonhicks23) | 11 comments I remember my librarian reading my class this book about a ghost (I think a boy) following around this kid (I think another boy) and helping him. It was published before or during 2008 and was middle grade, as I had it read to me in 4th/5th grade. Thanks for the help!

message 2: by Hilary (new)

Hilary  | 42 comments The Ghost of Thomas Kempe by Penelope Lively involves a boy who is followed around by a ghost but the ghost isn't always helpful, can you remember anything else that happened in the story ?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
The Ghost of Thomas Kempe by Penelope Lively - Hilary's suggestion

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason Hicks (jasonhicks23) | 11 comments That doesn't sound familiar but I don't remember anything else about it. The memory seems so distant I might not even remember it if I were given the actual one lol. Any more suggestions are welcome but I don't see it as high priority that I find it or anything

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason Hicks (jasonhicks23) | 11 comments I do want to say that maybe the ghost wasn't always helpful and just followed him sometimes? But I think there might've been an incident in which the boy almost got badly hurt but the ghost saved him and he didn't even know it. This wasn't he climax of the book, it was more like 1/4 way through.

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason Hicks (jasonhicks23) | 11 comments If anything I'd remember the cover most

message 7: by Hilary (new)

Hilary  | 42 comments What can you remember about the cover ?

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (cat_astrophe) | 84 comments Could it be School Spirits by Michael O. Tunnell? It was published in 2005.

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela | 599 comments Golden & Grey: An Unremarkable Boy and a Rather Remarkable Ghost? Published in 2005, so the year is about right.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Dial-a-Ghost?

A family of nice ghosts protects a British orphan from the diabolical plans of his evil guardians.

For ages 9-12.

message 11: by Jason (new)

Jason Hicks (jasonhicks23) | 11 comments Golden & grey sounds like it. I think you may have found it!

message 12: by Kris (last edited Aug 08, 2017 02:32PM) (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Here are some previews of Golden & Grey: An Unremarkable Boy and a Rather Remarkable Ghost suggested by Angela:

- https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Grey-Go... > There's The Ghostly Glossary at the end.
- https://books.google.com/books?id=ozY... > Longer preview.

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Jason, be sure to let us know for sure!

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Jason, can you confirm that "Golden & Gray" was your book?