Graphic Novel Reading Group discussion

General Discussions > Logan movie (aka Wolverine 3)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trike (new)

Trike | 112 comments The trailer for Logan dropped. Looks like a variation on the Old Man Logan storyline. If that's X-23 I hope they treat her right. Her debut was one of the best stories I've read this century.

http://youtu.be/Div0iP65aZo

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) | 28 comments I liked the tone and the music they used on the trailer. I haven't read the Old Man Logan storyline. but now it got me really curious. I liked how the trailer didn't reveal to much, but instead, it lets you ask more questions. Love it!

message 3: by J. (new)

J. Gowin | 45 comments Spoiler Warning

The trailer looked beautiful. But it is an advertisement put together by filmmakers with far more experience than the ones who made the actual movie.

I want to believe that the movie will be great. However, I have reservations. It may look like Old Man Logan, but the only living character in that story, which Fox has the rights to, is Wolverine. All of the other characters are dead or belong to the House of Mouse. Then you check IMDB and see that it is round two for the director of "The Wolverine", and it was written by the same guy who wrote "Green Lantern".

I want it to be good, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

message 4: by Saugata (new)

Saugata Mukherjee | 12 comments I loved the trailer sooo much! It has perfect amount of action, story and emotion mixed in.
It is only a trailer though, and I will keep my fingers crossed.

message 5: by Ronny (new)

Ronny Trøjborg | 1 comments I like that the trailer gives you the feeling that it could be anything else than a superhero movie..
if you didn't know it was wolverine you could easily mistake it for being just a regular kind of drama/thriller/action kind of flick.

message 6: by Will (new)

Will Robinson Jr. | 42 comments X-men movies timelines are so freaking confusing. Logan does look good but using X-23 for far future story seems like Fox is killing any hopes of using a older version of her unless she travels through to past for an upcoming X-force movie featuring Deadpool, Cable, and Psylocke.