The Yearning Yinzers discussion

Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1)
This topic is about Guilty Pleasures
November 2016 > Guilty Pleasures

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jocelyn (jocelyn73c) | 57 comments Mod
"Published over ten years ago by Ace, Guilty Pleasures marked the debut of a series that was destined to grow from cult favorite to a major New York Times bestseller. Now, for long-time Anita Blake junkies and newfound fans, Guilty Pleasures makes its trade paperback debut. Readers will learn how Anita Blake started raising the dead-and killing the undead. And how she met Jean Claude, the master vampire destined to become not only her biggest nemesis, but her greatest lover..."

Guys I fricken love this book!!

Amanda Peterson | 5 comments I enjoyed it as well. On the fence about going into the series due to concerns with money, shelf space, and multiple books I have yet to read.

Yeah the series is crazy long, and I couldn't find the second one in the library system :/

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (ladydanio) | 6 comments I loved Guilty Pleasures too and since I use PaperbackSwap.com it was super easy to order the next 11 books in the series. Actually, I haven't had to pay for a book yet that we've selected for the group because of PBS.

Ohh that's right!! I have to get on that!

Shayna Ross (shaylross) I just finished this book, I was pretty impressed by how tough and cool Anita Blake was represented. I'm not sure if I will continue the series, but it was a good, quick read.

Shayna wrote: "I just finished this book, I was pretty impressed by how tough and cool Anita Blake was represented. I'm not sure if I will continue the series, but it was a good, quick read."

I was definitely impressed by Anita's character. I'm not done with it yet but so far I think she's a great example of a strong and fully realized female character which is always appreciated lol