A Little Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
The Handmaid's Tale > The Handmaid's Tale - Where to Buy, a timeline

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shaan (new)

Shaan (twiggz) | 35 comments Mod
So there are many places you can buy The Handmaid's Tale. I'll list some options for you guys out there who are concerned about buying the book *cough*DeAndra*cough*...

- The library! Its a great free option. (Keep in mind that depending on how long we spend reading the title, you might incur late fees if you don't return it on time.)

- Amazon. Probably the cheapest price you'll find unless you get a used copy somewhere. The Handmaid's Tale: paperback

- Barnes and noble... I'm not going to link to that. But if you don't want to wait for shipping, or go to the library...pay a little more and pick it up on your next shift.

Timeline:

Obviously we shouldn't start until everyone has the book. It's Thursday, everyone should be able to get it in about 1 week. So comment below when you've got it (?)

Handmaid's Tale is 311 pages, so not too long. But some of us have busy lives (like Mat who hasn't said anything) so maybe 3 weeks max to read it. Open to suggestions.

Mmmkay bye.

message 2: by Mathew (new)

Mathew Middleton | 12 comments Mod
3 weeks seems fair. Do we want checkpoint discussion threads or just one for after we finish the book. Or just whoever can start a thread and just put the page number in the title.

See you said I wasn't saying anything and now I'm going to talk your fucking ear off.

message 3: by Shaan (new)

lol Mat, thanks for your input finally... I think the checkpoint discussions are a good idea. Split the book into sections/discussions and people post when they get there, so there's no spoilers.

message 4: by Carlee (new)

Carlee | 4 comments I got my copy today! (If we're supposed to post when we have it...)

message 5: by Shaan (new)

Carlee wrote: "I got my copy today! (If we're supposed to post when we have it...)"

yes. thanks!

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Peña | 7 comments Yous guys are nerds, I love it.

message 7: by DeeeAndra (new)

DeeeAndra | 16 comments it might take a while for me to get the book from the library if I have to get it sent to my local library.

message 8: by Shaan (last edited Oct 24, 2016 10:09PM) (new)

It's ok DeAndra. Avery didn't even know what we were reading until I told him tonight lol

message 9: by Mathew (new)

Mathew Middleton | 12 comments Mod
I got my copy today and am starting tonight.

message 10: by Shaan (new)

Amanda wrote: "Yous guys are nerds, I love it."

-_- .... we are nerds...lol.

message 11: by Shaan (new)

I think my book is in my mailbox...that i haven't checked. I'll start this weekend.

message 12: by Shaan (new)

I finally got my book!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.