YA Bookworms! discussion

Inroduction!

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sadie (new)

Sadie (SadieMonkey0) | 53 comments Mod
Hi everyone, I realized this group hasn't introduced themselves yet! So down below comment your name, some interests you have, hobbies and favorite book/series!! Thanks!

message 2: by Sadie (new)

My name is Sadie, I love reading, soccer, bicycling, writing and my favorite animal is MONKEYS!! My favorite book that I am currently reading is Paper Towns by John Green! If you haven't read it yet, please give it a go!! :-)

message 3: by Abby (new)

Abby (aanklam) | 6 comments I'm Abby, an aspiring writer and illustrator. I have lots of favorites from children's picture books to adult non-fiction. Mostly, I love adventure with a hint of magic (or a lot of magic, I'm not picky about that). I'm a student, a dog-walker and a theater-lover.
Right now, I am reading Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King, The Face: Cartography of the Void by Chris Abani, and I'm listening to The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan.

message 4: by Sadie (new)

Nice to meet you Abby!!

message 5: by Abby (new)

Abby (aanklam) | 6 comments Nice to meet you too

message 6: by Bella (new)

Bella (oooooooooooooo) Hello! I'm Bella, I'm 14, and I love reading, painting, anime, violin, and friends. I started college this fall so I don't have much time for reading books of my choice :( But I hope to make the most of Christmas break and do everything I love.

message 7: by Bella (new)

Bella (oooooooooooooo) Oh and my favorite stand alone book is The Elites by Natasha Ngan. Fair it series is the Razerland Trilogy, or possibly the Alive Generations that I'm in the middle of now.

message 8: by Abby (new)

Abby (aanklam) | 6 comments You're 14 and you started college? Girl, that's impressive. Way to go!

message 9: by Bella (new)

Bella (oooooooooooooo) Thank you! Everyone is really impressed but it's actually not too hard. Plus I get to skip high school so that's awesome :D

message 10: by Sadie (new)

Nice job Bella! Congrats, you must really smart.. :)

message 11: by Sadie (new)

Also nice to meet you! :-)

message 12: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (booksarehereforyou) | 2 comments Hi!

My name is Sophie, I'm 23, I've just graduated from university and I'm currently looking for a job (yay - fun times). I love writing, reading, taking photos, baking... ;) I have a lot of favourites, so here are a couple: The All Soul Trilogy, by Deborah Harkness, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, by Neil Gaiman, anything by Rainbow Rowell, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, The Dreamland series by E. J. Mellow... and many more!

message 13: by Sadie (new)

Nice to meet you Sophie!! I LOVE The Book Thief by Markus Zusak!!! It was an AMAZING book!!! :-) :) ;)

message 14: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (booksarehereforyou) | 2 comments YES! :D Nice to meet you too :)

message 15: by Sadie (new)

Thanks for all the comments

message 16: by Hailee (last edited Oct 26, 2016 10:08AM) (new)

Hailee Hi,

My name is Hailee. I live in the UK and I work as a Library Advisor at a university.

My favourite book ever is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen but I also love the Harry Potter series and Space Opera novels. I am obsessed with dragons and love finding new books in which dragons feature prominently. I am just about to start reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.

message 17: by Sadie (new)

Hi Hailee! Nice to me you, I've heard lots of good things about the book Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen... I will have to give it a try sometime!! Thanks! :-)

message 18: by Hailee (new)

Hailee Sadie wrote: "Hi Hailee! Nice to me you, I've heard lots of good things about the book Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen... I will have to give it a try sometime!! Thanks! :-)"

Thanks Sadie and yes Pride and Prejudice is definately worth reading at least once. I'm re-reading next month as a buddy read with one of my other goodread groups. Really looking forward to it.

message 19: by Sadie (new)

Nice, Have fun! Have you ever seen the movie??

message 20: by Hailee (last edited Oct 30, 2016 10:05AM) (new)

Hailee Sadie wrote: "Nice, Have fun! Have you ever seen the movie??"

I have, many, many times :-) Although my favourite adaptation will always be the BBC mini series with Colin Firth. I love it sooo much. Have you ever seen it?

message 21: by Sadie (new)

Hailee wrote: "Sadie wrote: "Nice, Have fun! Have you ever seen the movie??"

I have, many, many times :-) Although my favourite adaptation will always be the BBC mini series with Colin Firth. I love it sooo much..."

I have seen Pride and Prejudice, but not BBC... what is it about?

message 22: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Hello everyone! I hope it's alright to join you guys-I've been looking for a book club and found you!

My name is Alyssa and I am a huge book nerd-though it's probably safe to say that we all are, right? :) I'm pretty open to read whatever is recommended to me, but typically I'm into young adult the most, specifically YA dystopian or fantasy of that sort. I also love classics! I have way too many favorite books to post, but my all time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice and my all time favorite series is The Hunger Games. Favorite authors include Jane Austen, Sarah Dessen, and Jodi Picoult! :)

message 23: by Hailee (new)

Hailee Sadie wrote: "Hailee wrote: "Sadie wrote: "Nice, Have fun! Have you ever seen the movie??"

I have, many, many times :-) Although my favourite adaptation will always be the BBC mini series with Colin Firth. I lo..."

It's just an adaptation of Pride and Prejudice that was made by the British Broadcasting Corporation in 1995, a mini-series of 6 one hour episodes. It is the ULTIMATE adaptation of P&P. Its on Netflix in the UK so it might be on US netflix as well.

message 24: by Sadie (new)

Sadie wrote: "Hailee wrote: "Sadie wrote: "Nice, Have fun! Have you ever seen the movie??"

I have, many, many times :-) Although my favourite adaptation will always be the BBC mini series with Colin Firth. I lo..."

Hi Alyssa, welcome to YA Bookworms!!! I also LOVED the Hunger Games! (And yes I'm pretty sure we all are book nerds. :) ;) )

message 25: by Sadie (new)

Hailee wrote: "Sadie wrote: "Hailee wrote: "Sadie wrote: "Nice, Have fun! Have you ever seen the movie??"

I have, many, many times :-) Although my favourite adaptation will always be the BBC mini series with Col..."

Ok thanks Hailee, I will be sure to watch that series sometime! :)

message 26: by Shyann (new)

Shyann Grover | 1 comments Hi! I'm Shyann. I love to read, that's why I'm here, and I like to cook. I also write my own poems. My favorite book is The Good Girl by Mary Kubica. I liked The Girl on the Train too.

message 27: by Sadie (new)

Shyann wrote: "Hi! I'm Shyann. I love to read, that's why I'm here, and I like to cook. I also write my own poems. My favorite book is The Good Girl by Mary Kubica. I liked The Girl on the Train too."

Hi Shyann, welcome to YA Bookworms! Thanks for joining!