Star Trek Reads discussion

Uhura's Song (Star Trek: The Original Series #21)
This topic is about Uhura's Song
The Original Series > Uhura's Song

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amelia Nichole Defield (amelianichole) | 13 comments Uhura's Song is one of my favorite TOS books. Does anyone know about any other books with Evan Wilson or Eeiauoans? :)

a.l.s | 3 comments as far as I know there is none. Disappointing I know. I enjoyed the character as well. the book is in my top ten for star trek books

Amelia Nichole Defield (amelianichole) | 13 comments Do you know of any other Star Trek books that have similar characters?

a.l.s | 3 comments I did enjoy the "Sackers" from the book Three minute universe. they are not similar to the characters but you grow fond of them over the course of the book.

Andrew | -5 comments I can see why women enjoyed this novel. Evan was interesting character. Disappointed not more about her story in this novel, or any other, but still a must read. Very enjoyable, fun read...

message 6: by Dan (last edited May 10, 2017 06:58PM) (new)

Dan I searched high and low for you and can find nothing written in the Star Trek universe that expands on Kagan's concepts introduced here. Sadly, it's a one-off. Janet Kagan won't be expanding on it either. She passed March 1, 2008, according to her website janetkagan.com.

The best you can do it seems to me is read her other works. She wrote two novels and enough short stories to fill two short story collections during her life. Her novelette "The Nutcracker Coup" appears in an anthology Season of Wonder of Christmas stories with contributions by some big SF names.

The amazing thing about Kagan's works to me is that Uhura's Song is the lowest rated (by GoodReaders) of her works at a more than respectable 4.01. Looks like you're in for a treat when you get to her other books.

message 7: by cardassiana (new)

cardassiana | 3 comments it's my favourite star trek novel so far, it's so sweet and sad ...i loved the furry ,soft aliens and the Uhura in love !