Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Kaylea Cross
This topic is about Kaylea Cross
2016 Challenge Archive > FAC: Kaylea Cross (November 2016)

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7866 comments November - Kaylea Cross

Kaylea Cross is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of edge-of-your-seat military romantic suspense. She also writes erotic romance under the name Callie Croix. Her first novel, Out Of Her League, was published in 2008. Her work has won many awards and has been nominated for both the Daphne du Maurier and the National Readers’ Choice Awards.

A Registered Massage Therapist by trade, Kaylea holds a bachelors degree with a double major in history and archaeology. She’s also an avid gardener, artist, Civil War buff, Special Ops aficionado, belly dance enthusiast and former nationally-carded softball pitcher. She lives in Vancouver, BC with her husband, sons and her dog, PJ (According to her website, she loves her kids and hubby to death, but PJ never talks back).

Kaylea's GR pages can be found here: Kaylea Cross and Callie Croix

Challenge Task: Read one book written by our featured author, Kaylea Cross.
Challenge Duration: The whole month of November.

To sign up:
Post your interest and the book you are planning to read.

You must also signify if you are:
A - I'm a big fan! I'm excited to read another of her books.
B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again.
C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.
D - Didn't like the last one I've read, but willing to give it another chance.

To complete:
Post the date when you've completed your book.

You must also say if, after reading:
A - would definitely look at her other books, since I've enjoyed this one very much.
B - could take it or leave it. Was not an unpleasant experience but I'm not burning rubber to get to her other books.
C - Oh well, I tried. Definitely not my cup of tea.

A little review of the book read is welcomed but not required.

message 2: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7866 comments **

message 3: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7866 comments **

message 4: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7866 comments I'm in and I'm an A for this author, even though I haven't read anything by her in quite a while. I'll be reading (or listening to) Deadly Descent.

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 22498 comments I would say I'm an A for this author as well and I have been wanting to get back to some of her stuff! I will also be listening to Deadly Descent, because, hello - Kaleo Griffith!!

message 6: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7866 comments MountainKat wrote: "I will also be listening to Deadly Descent, because, hello - Kaleo Griffith!!"

Exactly!!! =P

message 7: by Muna (new)

Muna Abdullah | 7 comments oh wow this is nice , well guys don't hate me but i have never read any of her books :D but I guess am gonna

message 8: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11276 comments I am a 'C', totally new to this author.

I am thinking of reading Deacon's Touch.

message 9: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1694 comments I'm a C. I think I'm going to go with Brody's Vow for this one. :)

message 10: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 1065 comments C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.

I have Marked on my kindle app.

message 11: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 22498 comments Muna wrote: "oh wow this is nice , well guys don't hate me but i have never read any of her books :D but I guess am gonna"

That is one of my favorite things about this challenge - it gets you to read new authors!

message 12: by Loz (new)

Loz | 57 comments C -
My first ever challenge and I'm going back to the beginning with Out Of Her League.

message 13: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 22498 comments Welcome Loz! That was my first KC book, I really enjoyed it!

message 14: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Nov 10, 2016 07:04AM) (new)

Fran | 11276 comments I finished Deacon's Touch.

I started a 'C' and I end up a 'B+'. Jessica and Deke were cute together, and sexy too. I would read more in the series but I'm not running out to get the next one. But still a nice, shortish read.

message 15: by Loz (new)

Loz | 57 comments I read Out Of Her League

Was a 'C', enjoyed the book but didn't love it so whilst I am interested in reading more of her work, I'm not rushing out to get it. So I guess that makes me now a 'B' :)

message 16: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 22498 comments Loz wrote: "I read Out Of Her League

Was a 'C', enjoyed the book but didn't love it so whilst I am interested in reading more of her work, I'm not rushing out to get it. So I guess that makes m..."

That series heads more towards a military suspense after the first book - I really liked them. The first book is quite different from the others though.

message 17: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 22498 comments I finished Deadly Descent yesterday and loved it, maybe as much for the narrator as the story! Kaleo Griffith is wonderful and I just wish he was narrating the rest of the series!! I had forgotten how much I enjoyed Kaylea Cross books! She writes wonderful characters and puts them in tense situations and does it so well. I loved seeing the hero and heroine get their HEA after everything they went through. It wasn't easy to get there, but it was worth it and the ending was very sweet. Definitely looking forward to more in the series!

I started an A and I finish an A!

message 18: by Loz (new)

Loz | 57 comments MountainKat wrote: "I finished Deadly Descent yesterday and loved it, maybe as much for the narrator as the story! Kaleo Griffith is wonderful and I just wish he was narrating the rest of the series!! ..."

Sounds like I should def check out more of her work, thanks MountainKat. I liked the story and the characters in Out Of Her League, there were just a couple of things that annoyed me - I really dislike the overuse of cutesy nicknames, and this one drove me crazy! Will have to check out this book and narrator you mention.

message 19: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 22498 comments It's been so long since I read it, I don't even remember that!

message 20: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1694 comments Was a C - I think I'd put me at a B after finishing Brody's Vow ★★★★. I enjoyed it, it was a fun read, but there wasn't anything special about it that took it over the top for me. :)