Romance Writers & Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > October's Daily Writing

Comments Showing 1-50 of 129 (129 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Amanda (last edited Oct 19, 2016 05:09PM) (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Let's write! Here is October's Daily Writing.

You certainly don't need to follow this list, but it's a great way to keep track of what you're doing.

Title:
Genre:
Daily word count:
Total word count:
Total goal:
Writing or Editing:

message 2: by Amanda (last edited Oct 19, 2016 05:11PM) (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) I'll start it out!

Title: Not sure yet....haha
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Daily word count: 3,181
Total word count: 8,017
Total goal: 80,000
Writing

I am loving what I have so far and it feels sooooo good to be writing again. My lovable baby boy is even cooperative sleeping so well in my arms while I write:)

Can't wait to see what everyone else is up to!

message 3: by Groovy (new)

Groovy Lee Me next!

Title: Not sure either.
Genre: a mixture of suspense, romance, sci-fi. I'm really confused as to what it is. So I will need everyone's help here when I finish.
Total word count: 54, 509
Total goal: 80,000--100,000 (but I don't think I'm going to make it)
Editing

I'm excited about this project because, and I've mentioned it before, it has a mummy serial killer as an antagonist. This is a first for me. And like Amanda, I can't wait to be able to get to it during the day.

Amanda, it's so sweet that your baby is right there as you do what you love.

Project two:

Title: Not sure
Genre: Romantic/Suspense
Total word count: 27,813
Total goal: 80,000--100,000 (hope I make it)
Typing from tablet

I can't wait to see what everyone else is up to, either!!!!

message 4: by Jane (last edited Oct 20, 2016 03:02AM) (new)

Jane Blythe I'm so glad you started up this thread, Queen Amanda, because I totally need the additional motivation right now, because I have not been productive at all!!

Title: Little Ballerina
Daily word count: 633 (not a huge amount but I'm pretty pleased with it since it was one entire scene completed, and today was a work day so my writing time was limited!)
Total word count: 19,124
Total goal: 75,000
Writing or Editing: Writing

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) So awesome, Groovy....a mummy serial killer. I love it! And it is great he's such a good baby right now. Sitting right next to as I type. *smiles* I know you'll make your goal. You can do it!

Princess Jane, you're welcome. I've been wanting to do this for a while but just never did. I find it so beneficial and helpful when I just don't feel like writing. I remember this and think, "I gotta write down some small word count today." And any word count is amazing. So I'm super glad you got some writing in today:)

The little dude is doing well, so I'm gonna see how much writing I can get in now.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Amanda wrote: "Let's write! Here is October's Daily Writing.

You certainly don't need to follow this list, but it's a great way to keep track of what you're doing.

Well, I've been thinking about this, and I think it is a bit complicated as I always write on several books the same time (depending on the inspiration).
I'm pretty sure you don't want to go through all of them

I will put the word count per day (which by the way for yesterday and today is zero - lots of things to do) - but won't bother you with titles and genres

Title:
Genre:
Daily word count:
Total word cou..."

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Totally up to you, Rowena, what you wanna post:) Word count for the day is okay. This is just a place to help motivate each other. *smiles*

Oh, I forgot to set out some morning goodies.
*hands out some donuts and coffee*

message 8: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 2365 comments Mod
Title: Hart of His
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Daily word count: n/a
Total word count: ~20K
Writing or Editing: "Editing" (formatting)

Thanks for this, Queen Amanda! It'll force me to actually get something done instead of just working, eating, and passing out hahaha...

*sobs*

^_~

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Oh, yay, Mistress Ann is editing! Hurry up. We wanna read the second book!

I got in some good writing this morning. Might even get in some more later, but for now, this is what I have.

Title: Not sure...could take me a while to figure it out
Genre; Romantic Suspense
Daily word count: 2,758
Total word count: 10,788
Writing!

Time for lunch:)

message 10: by Groovy (last edited Oct 20, 2016 11:06AM) (new)

Groovy Lee OMG!--COFFEE!! Yeesss, thanks, Amanda!

I'm so glad we're here to motivate one another. I'm rooting for you all. Jane, you'll get your mojo back. I read a good tip not too long ago. Someone asked a question about writer's block and the answer was:

To just relax, lay back, and let the characters speak to one another. I find that to be so helpful. I hope you do, too.

Annie, will a hug help? Sending one:

**hugsssss**

message 11: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "Princess Jane, you're welcome. I've been wanting to do this for a while but just never did. I find it so beneficial and helpful when I just don't feel like writing. I remember this and think, "I gotta write down some small word count today." And any word count is amazing. So I'm super glad you got some writing in today:)"

I'm absolutely in need of this today, cos I'm feeling pretty "meh" about everything, but . . . I am determined to meet my goal and get at least one scene written!

message 12: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Groovy wrote: "OMG!--COFFEE!! Yeesss, thanks, Amanda!

I'm so glad we're here to motivate one another. I'm rooting for you all. Jane, you'll get your mojo back. I read a good tip not too long ago. Someone asked a..."

Thanks, Groovy! I actually have the whole book planned out, and I really like the story, this is book three in a trilogy and I've been waiting to get to this one because I love the characters, and yet I'm still struggling to write it, I want to, but then I sit down to write and don't achieve anything, just too tired I think, been a LONG year, but almost to the end of it now!

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Jane wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Princess Jane, you're welcome. I've been wanting to do this for a while but just never did. I find it so beneficial and helpful when I just don't feel like writing. I remember this a..."

You can do it! And really fast because I'm dying to read this third book:) *smiles wide*

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Okay, my official count for the day is 5,285 words. I love getting these kinds of days in because I never know if I'll get as much in the next day.

Oh, and I think I finally figured out a title. Yay!
Escaping Love. This is book two in the series. Book one is Escaping Memories. I decided to go with the word Escaping again, and I have no idea why, but now I gotta use it in every title otherwise it won't all match. haha

So excited writing this story. It seriously is always exhilarating starting a new book!

message 15: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "You can do it! And really fast because I'm dying to read this third book:) *smiles wide*"

Even more motivation to keep working, I want to make Queen Amanda happy!!

message 16: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "Okay, my official count for the day is 5,285 words. I love getting these kinds of days in because I never know if I'll get as much in the next day.

Oh, and I think I finally figured out a title. Y..."

That is an awesome word count for the day!! And I LOVE the title!! I love to match!! And as you know my trilogy that I've been working on all have matchey titles too!! It totally is fun starting a new book!

message 17: by Amanda (last edited Oct 20, 2016 06:59PM) (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Jane wrote: "Amanda wrote: "You can do it! And really fast because I'm dying to read this third book:) *smiles wide*"

Even more motivation to keep working, I want to make Queen Amanda happy!!"

Yes, do not make the Queen mad! lol

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Jane wrote: "That is an awesome word count for the day!! And I LOVE the title!! I love to match!! And as you know my trilogy that I've been working on all have matchey titles too!! It totally is fun starting a new book!

Thanks. I never thought I'd go this route but now I love the title. And that series is amazing! I love the titles and the stories:)

message 19: by Groovy (new)

Groovy Lee That's a good title, Amanda. I think it sounds good when series' titles match, it's like they physically connect like a puzzle piece, but that's how I see it:)

I love starting new books, too. But I'm soooo excited when I'm in the middle of writing and living the story with the characters. I can't wait to move life out of the way and get back to it.

message 20: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Ooooh, matchy-matchy! Dig it, Queen Amanda!!

Alright, my lovelies. Grabbing some super late dinner, heading home, doing some work for tomorrow morning, and then the epic battle...

Formatting vs. Sleeping XP

Love you, ladies!!!

message 21: by Groovy (new)

Groovy Lee Enjoy dinner, Annie. Have a good night's sleep!!!

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Ugh, Mistress Ann you do need sleep. You never sleep! I give you permission to let sleep win tonight:) *wink*

And thanks, ladies, glad you like the title as well!

message 23: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "Yes, do not make the Queen mad! lol"

Eek, definitely don't want a mad queen!!

message 24: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "And that series is amazing! I love the titles and the stories:)"

And I love you!! (ɔ◔︣‿◔︣)ɔ ❤

message 25: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Annie wrote: "Formatting vs. Sleeping"

I hope sleep won but since you came up with more plans to keep you busy and told me sleep was boring when we talked earlier I'm guessing it didn't! (╥﹏╥)

message 26: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Okay here are my stats for today, I have a couple of emails to attend to and then I may have a time to do a little bit more writing before I go to bed!

Daily word count: 1,881
Total word count: 21,012

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Jane wrote: "Okay here are my stats for today, I have a couple of emails to attend to and then I may have a time to do a little bit more writing before I go to bed!

Genre: Romantic Sus..."

Woo hoo, you had a great day today! Love the word count:)

I actually got to sleep in today, so now I'm off to see what I can get accomplished.

message 28: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Amanda wrote: "Woo hoo, you had a great day today! Love the word count:)

I actually got to sleep in today, so now I'm off to see what I can get accomplished."

Thanks, Queen Amanda, I was pleased with what I got done! Can't wait to hear how much you got done today!

message 29: by K.T. (new)

K.T. Munson | 7 comments I hope it is okay I participate even though this isn't really a romance. It has romance though!

Title: The Last Gate (working title)
Genre: YA Dark Fantasy
Daily Word count: 2,447
Total word count: 34,705
Total word count goal: ~85,000

Just over 40% through writing this book! Woot!

message 30: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe K.T. wrote: "I hope it is okay I participate even though this isn't really a romance. It has romance though!

Title: The Last Gate (working title)
Genre: YA Dark Fantasy
Daily Word count: 2,447
Total word cou..."

Totally okay to participate, in fact I'm super glad you're participating!! None of my books are straight romance, they're all crime books with some romance! And those are some awesome stats!!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Rowena wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Let's write! Here is October's Daily Writing.

Well, I've been thinking about..."

Managed to write about 3,864 words up to now. All of them on my romance Mr. (Approximately) Right.

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) yay! Loving these word counts:) And K.T., the more the merrier. This is all about helping each motivate. Glad you joined us.

I managed to get a new chapter in today, not sure of the exact word count yet because I'm not done writing, but I do gotta wait. *grins at my 6 year old* She's currently on my computer watching silly YouTube videos.

message 33: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Okay, I totally didn't get anything (writing-related) done last night. But late tonight. Gonna boss up this light edit/formatting. Thanks for the mojo, ladies!!

**muahhh**

message 34: by Groovy (new)

Groovy Lee Okay, I'm up to 55, 775 words which is only 1, 266 more than last time. I thought for sure I did better than that. Anyway...

Still no title for my romantic/suspense/sci-fi novel. I'm on chapter 10, so I don't think I'm going to make the 80,000 word goal. The villain is about to be captured.

Keep up the good work everybody.

message 35: by K.T. (new)

K.T. Munson | 7 comments Awesome! Thanks Jane. Thanks Amanda. This is such a nice group. Everyone is doing so awesome with their writing and writing goals!! We should all be proud. :)

message 36: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe K.T. wrote: "Awesome! Thanks Jane. Thanks Amanda. This is such a nice group. Everyone is doing so awesome with their writing and writing goals!! We should all be proud. :)"

Totally agree, this is a super nice group!! And everyone totally is doing awesomely with their writing goals!!

message 37: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Here are my stats for today, I'm super thrilled because I wanted to get two scenes written today and I did! Yay!

Daily word count: 2,493
Total word count: 23,512

message 38: by Amanda (last edited Oct 22, 2016 05:55AM) (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Loooooving the word counts, Princess Jane! So glad you got the two scenes in.

Here's my info from yesterday that I never got back to posting.

Title: Escaping Love (*screams happily* so excited I thought of a title already)
Daily word count: 3,120
Total word count: 16,486
Writing or editing: Writing

I sure hope I get some writing in today...the house really, really, really needs to be cleaned. Any takers?

message 39: by Groovy (last edited Oct 22, 2016 06:31PM) (new)

Groovy Lee I was going to ask if you wanted to clean my house, Amanda. I think we're in the same predicament. There's little time for cleaning when you're working hard on a project.

Princess Jane, hooray! You got your scenes written!
Keep up the good work, Rowena!

I'm not able to write on weekends, but I'm rooting for all of you to reach your goal. Good job, everyone!

message 40: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Ehhh, just got home. Gonna finally open my manuscript hahaha! Wish me luck ^_~

***muahhh***

message 41: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Okay, so I did get a little writing in yesterday and then I did clean the house. I meant to do some more writing and it never happened. Here's what I got in yesterday. I seem to be a day behind inputting these numbers haha.

Title: Escaping Love ~ A Lucky Town Novel
Daily word count: 1,342
Total word count: 17,817
Writing or editing: writing

Yay, lots of luck, Mistress Ann! I hope you got tons done last night:)

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Got some writing in...word count for today is 2,191!

message 43: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Okay this is my word count from yesterday, between a terrible start to my day and going to bed early I'm pleased I managed to accomplish this much

Daily word count: 1,808
Total word count: 25,324

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Jane wrote: "Okay this is my word count from yesterday, between a terrible start to my day and going to bed early I'm pleased I managed to accomplish this much

..."

You're 1/3 through.
So, not bad at all. Hope you had a better day today.

Up to now I wrote 3486 and finished editing two chapters in one of the other books.

message 45: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Rowena wrote: "You're 1/3 through.

Up to now I wrote 3486 and finished editing two chapters in one of the other books."

Thanks, Roxana! Yep a better day so far!

Sounds like you've had an awesomely productive day!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Jane wrote: "Rowena wrote: "You're 1/3 through.

Up to now I wrote 3486 and finished editing two chapters in one of the other books."

Thanks, Roxana! Yep ..."

Not over yet. I do want to finish one of the books today. That means editing and everything. It's only 6:20 pm here. So, I might make it.

message 47: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Rowena wrote: "Not over yet. I do want to finish one of the books today. That means editing and everything. It's only 6:20 pm here. So, I might make it."

Hope you're getting everything you want to accomplished!

message 48: by Jane (last edited Oct 24, 2016 02:53AM) (new)

Jane Blythe Well today's stats are not very impressive . . .

Daily word count: 188
Total word count: 25,512

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Jane wrote: "Rowena wrote: "Not over yet. I do want to finish one of the books today. That means editing and everything. It's only 6:20 pm here. So, I might make it."

Hope you're getting everything you want to..."

Well, I didn't. I managed to write only 7,307 words and to edit 80% of that book. So...

Hopefully, today I will do more. But thank you, Jane

message 50: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Jane wrote: "Well today's stats are not very impressive . . .

Daily word count: 188
Total word count: 25,512
Writing or Editing: Writing"

Sure they are. Any writing in is better than none:) And now you're 188 words closer to your goal!

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.