Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Ann's Readathon Residence

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann A (last edited Oct 21, 2016 01:08PM) (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments Well, I do have a blog I use for Readathons: blogbysherryann, but you all are having such fun, I definitely want to hang out here as well!

Here is the stack, although I don't expect to get through more than a few of them:

X (Kinsey Millhone, #24) by Sue Grafton The Road to Little Dribbling Adventures of an American in Britain by Bill Bryson Hallowe'en Party (Hercule Poirot, #36) by Agatha Christie The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman French Milk by Lucy Knisley Dicey's Song (Tillerman Cycle, #2) by Cynthia Voigt The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew, #7) by Carolyn Keene How to Meditate A Practical Guide to Making Friends with Your Mind by Pema Chödrön Gratitude by Oliver Sacks 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff

Like many of you, I'm a mood reader so we'll see what strikes my fancy! I do plan to begin with "X", since that was in my RAT stack one year ago and I still haven't gotten around to it (I know I'll like it because I've read the whole rest of the series).

Lots of catch-up stuff to do the next 2 days, so I won't have an iota of guilt for "checking out" of normal life for 24 hours!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments I love the variety in your reading stack. It has been so long since I've read a Nancy Drew book!

message 3: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments Kathryn CA wrote: "I love the variety in your reading stack. It has been so long since I've read a Nancy Drew book!"

Yes, I have a tradition of bringing out Nancy in the wee hours when my reading ability takes a dive :)

Now, off to hopefully get a good night's sleep. See you all tomorrow!

message 4: by Ann A (last edited Oct 22, 2016 05:16AM) (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments Well, I didn't get a good night's sleep because I think I was trying too hard (thinking how I MUST sleep so I could stay up for a long time!) Oh well, it just means I won't last for 24 hours.

Wishing everyone a smashing day/night of reading!

Check out my Readathon shirt here: http://blogbysherryann.blogspot.com/2.... It's pretty funny.

Starting off with X

message 5: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments The time is going too fast! Progress so far:

X - 98 pgs
The Road to Little Dribbling: Adventures of an American in Britain - 15 pgs (audio while I walked the dog)

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

message 7: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments Progress Update:

Read another 166 pages in X

Must read faster!

message 8: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments I haven't updated in a while, but I have been reading!

Progress so far:
X - 403 pgs (finished)
Gratitude - 45 pgs (finished)
The Road to Little Dribbling: Adventures of an American in Britain - 25 pgs (audio)
84, Charing Cross Road - 48 pgs

Total so far: 521 pages

Going to try to stay awake at least through the next sprint!

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Ann A wrote: "Kathryn CA wrote: "I love the variety in your reading stack. It has been so long since I've read a Nancy Drew book!"

Yes, I have a tradition of bringing out Nancy in the wee hours when my reading ..."

That is a really good tip! ~Ashley

message 10: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments I finished 84, Charing Cross Road, but must give in for a little nap now. Hope to be back for at least the last hour!

message 11: by Ann A (last edited Oct 23, 2016 06:11AM) (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments Well, I did make it back for the last 45 minutes but am soon returning to Snoozeland.

Here are my final stats:

Books finished: X, Gratitude, 84, Charing Cross Road
Partially read: The Road to Little Dribbling: Adventures of an American in Britain, The Clue in the Diary

Total pages: 647
Total hours: 10 hrs reading, 1 hr 25 min audio

Let's do this again in 6 months!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.