Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side (Miss Marple #8)
The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side, by Agatha Christie

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Barbara Pereira (babitix) | 733 comments I read this one for Week 26. A book everyone is talking about.

Not everyone is talking about it, but my friends are because it is the book of the month at my local bookclub.

I gave it a 5 because the story was awesome!
Agatha IS the Queen Goddess of Crime!!!!

I loved it so much that I already started Nêmesis to compare which book is the best: Nemesis, A Pocket Full of Rye or The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side.

(view spoiler)

If you never read a book by Agatha, you should do it right now!

message 2: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (new)

Laura | 3821 comments Mod
Don't forget to follow "Title, by Author" format ;)

I want to read more Agatha Christie in 2017 since I've only read And There Were None.

Barbara Pereira (babitix) | 733 comments ouch! I totaly forgot to do that!!

message 4: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Turcios | 1071 comments For some reason, I used to read a lot of Agatha Christie and Jules Verne when I was young, but at some moment I stopped... I don't remember why, maybe there were too many other books I wanted to read. But this year I read again one by Agatha, one by Verne and I enjoyed them so much!!! I realized how much I have missed them, so definetely I will be reading more of them.

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2920 comments Laura wrote: "Don't forget to follow "Title, by Author" format ;)

I want to read more Agatha Christie in 2017 since I've only read And There Were None."

Laura, I've got Murder on the Orient Express and/or The Murder of Roger Ackroyd on my list for next year.

Barbara Pereira (babitix) | 733 comments Laura, you should do it! I liked this one and also A Pocket Full of Rye. Now I'm reading Nemesis because I got a box of her.

Marta (gezemice) | 784 comments I read it for the mystery prompt. Lots of fun! Unfortunately I remembered the twist from a movie a long time ago - can't remember anything else about it - but I still enjoyed it, seeing all the red herrings she threw out there was awesome. She is the queen and I want to read more, too!

Marta (gezemice) | 784 comments Silvia wrote: "For some reason, I used to read a lot of Agatha Christie and Jules Verne when I was young, but at some moment I stopped... I don't remember why, maybe there were too many other books I wanted to re..."

Me too! This year I read a couple by Christie but need to pick up Jules Verne as well, loved him as a kid.