Play Book Tag discussion

The Dispossessed (Hainish Cycle, #6)
This topic is about The Dispossessed
Archive: Other Books > The Dispossessed by Ursula K LeGuin 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1470 comments Shevek is a physicist living on Anarres, a utopian country created on the moon of Urras. Shevek lives in a world without government or set jobs. His physics is not appreciated on Annarres so he travels to Urras where he believes he can complete his theory even though it is ruled by profiteers. This is something that has never been done in all the time Annarres has existed. The book alternates between Shevek's early life on Annarres and his time on Urras. There isn't a lot of action in the book. It's more filled with philosophical ideas and physics, a lot of which I didn't understand. I read this book because it's on the PBT 100 fiction books list.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Ursula Le Guin is tough reading! I studied her at university for science fiction and fantasy.

message 3: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 2022 comments I have two or three Ursula LeGuin books that I've never read. I keep meaning to, but then pass them by when searching for something. Maybe next time Science Fiction wins the monthly tag.....