What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Childrens-girl who lives with older aunt and uncle who is young. Mother is missing (in another dimension). Discovers tiny robots in basement who is luring her and her uncle to the other dimension. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vicsterhamster) | 5 comments This is an older children's book. Its the second book of a 2 book series. The second book is about a girl who's mother went missing after she was born and is living with her elderly aunt. The uncle who is suppose to be older than his sister looks younger and visits infrequently. I think his name is Max. When the girl discovers robots (I think) he uncle comes around more often and tries to figure out what they are. The uncle can move in time and space and is young because he can stop time by standing still looking like a statue on his house. The end is where the mother is found in the other dimension.

message 2: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments Do you remember what the first (or other books) in the series were about? This is ringing some bells for me but I can't quite put my finger on it.

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vicsterhamster) | 5 comments The first book is about the uncle. I think his name is max. He use to spend his childhood riding the city bus and knew where everything was. Somehow, he figured a way to a different dimension bring his sister (the mother of the girl in book 2). Somehow she was stranded and he spent his time figuring how to get her out

message 4: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments Ok, thanks, sorry but I'm not sure. Good luck! Hopefully it might jog a memory for someone else.

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments This might be William Sleator's The Boxes The Boxes - the other book in that series is Marco's Millions

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments Bump in case Vicki hasn't seen this response.

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vicsterhamster) | 5 comments Yes, it is The Boxes by William Sleator!!!!

Thank you!

message 8: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments Glad you found your book. Keep the questions coming.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Boxes (other topics)