Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Kate's Book Nook

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments So.... I do actually have a blog. But I rarely ever use it. Mainly just for the readathon. But I decided this time around, while I may post to my blog, I also want to post here and be a part of this community. I seriously love this group and the people in it and so I am hoping that we can form our own little cheering squad for everyone posting in this section.

So, yes, this will be my little Book Nook for the readathon.

Also, off topic, but I choose my blog name (Kate's Book Nook) before stupid Barnes & Noble came out with the Nook e-reader. Stealing my name... lol

If you want to check out my underused blog, it is http://katesbooknook.wordpress.com

message 2: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments I'm thinking along the same lines as you, Kate. I also have a blog that I only use for Readathons. I rarely get visitors, however, and everyone over here is so excited and active. I was hoping to get more hours in actually READING this time around but as I just joined Litsy as well, that may not happen!

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Ann A wrote: "I'm thinking along the same lines as you, Kate. I also have a blog that I only use for Readathons. I rarely get visitors, however, and everyone over here is so excited and active. I was hoping to g..."

I have joined Litsy but never even looked at it. I need to look at it better. But year, same about my blog. And I'm not honestly sure if that is a bad thing. lol Updating here could be faster as well.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Opening Meme –

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am reading from Roseville, California in Northern California!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I am most looking forward to Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson. And hopefully the sequel as well.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? My homemade bean soup.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am 28 and the oldest of four girls (ranging from 15 to 28). My parents are missionaries and we grew up overseas, in West Africa. Though they currently live in Singapore. I have a sister who lives in Germany and she and her husband have an adorable 22 month old boy. I love to quilt, cross stitch, and crochet.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my 15th readathon! So there isn’t much that I haven’t tried before. I think I am going to try to focus on the social aspect a bit more than in the past. I spend a lot of time on Twitter during my co-hosting hours, but during the rest of the event, I don't spend much time talking to other readers or anything like that. I would like to get to know the book community a bit more.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments I am listening to Legion by Brandon Sanderson. Listening at 1.5 speed so shouldn't take too long.

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Well, fell asleep for about 6 hours. But I should be good to go for the rest of the readathon. Curse my stupid night owl tendencies. And my disdain of the morning hours.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments I finished Legion (88 pages) and have now started the sequel Skin Deep. Brandon Sanderson is my favorite!

message 8: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments You deserved that nap! That's a great idea, listening at 1.5 speed. I forget that option is available. A lot of audiobook performers talk slow enough it would be no problem to understand.

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments You work so hard on these threads and you got some reading done to boot? That awesome! Hope you have a great read-a-thon! ~Ashley

message 11: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments Hope you had a good Readathon. Thanks for all your efforts for this group!

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Thank you everyone! I had a really good readathon. A lot of fun and finished 6 books to boot. Albeit, they were all but one on audio and half of them were under 100 pages. But still, I am proud of my progress.

Completed Reads:
Perfect State
Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell
Legion
Skin Deep
Darcy Swipes Left
This Is Where It Ends

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Happy reading! ~Ashley