Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 30,000 word historical/mystery novella

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick Tingley | 6 comments Hi there,

I'm seeking a beta reader for a completed 30,000 word, Victorian mystery novella called 'The Butcher of Barclay's Hollow'

When Reverend Babbington is found dead in his isolated cottage, the task falls to the resident parish constable, a local butcher called Patrick Conroy, to investigate the matter. But Conroy is no volunteer and the residents of Barclay's Hollow are just waiting for him to slip up. Forced into a position he doesn't want and investigating a murder he has little interest in, the odds are not in Conroy's favour. And with the whole village set against him, the only assets the butcher has are his own instincts and the unshakable belief of a young girl...

This is a completed story and I am looking for any comments on characterisation and the flow of the story - although all comments would be greatly appreciated.

If this sounds like your thing, or you know someone who might enjoy this, let me know.

Many thanks,
Nick

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie I'm interested in beta reading this novella! I love mysteries and it sounds like a good one! I'm generally pretty quick.

message 3: by Nick (new)

Nick Tingley | 6 comments Hi Julie,
Excellent, I will message you the link.

Many thanks,
Nick