Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Melissa's Readathon Nook for October 2016

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (tearainread) This will be my first readathon done here at GR. My TBR is a mix of print and ebooks, all by Nora Roberts (my favorite author):

Blue Dahlia (In the Garden #1) Blue Dahlia (In The Garden, #1) by Nora Roberts
Hidden Star (Stars of Mithra #1) Hidden Star (Stars of Mithra, #1) by Nora Roberts
Captive Star (Stars of Mithra #2) Captive Star (Stars of Mithra, #2) by Nora Roberts
Secret Star (Stars of Mithra #3) Secret Star (Stars of Mithra, #3) by Nora Roberts
Whispered Promises Whispered Promises The Art of Deception / Storm Warning by Nora Roberts
The Search The Search by Nora Roberts

message 2: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 65 comments have fun

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Welcome Melissa! I've never actually read Nora Roberts. I might have to give her a try sometime.

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Hi Melissa!!!

I like your selection. Nora Roberts is one of my favorites, although I am not such a big fan of her writing as J.D. Robb lol

In the Garden is one of my favorite series :)

Enjoy!!!

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (tearainread) Husband is on weekend duty, so I will be home with the kids, who have been helping me prep for the readathon. I am devoting one hour to reading to them (around their bedtime) so they can participate too. Here are their books:

Carl's Halloween Carl's Halloween by Alexandra Day
Maddie's Monster Dad Maddie's Monster Dad by Scott Gibala-Broxholm
Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones Snuggle Up Sleepy Ones by Claire Freedman
Sun and Moon Sun & Moon A Giant Love Story by Lisa Desimini
Lego City Detective Chase McCain: Stop That Heist Stop That Heist! (LEGO City Detective Chase McCain) by Trey King
The Berenstain Bears: Big Bear, Small Bear The Berenstain Bears' Big Bear, Small Bear by Stan Berenstain
Thomas and Friends: Go, Train, Go Go, Train, Go! (Thomas & Friends) by Wilbert Awdry

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (tearainread) ♥Robin ♥ wrote: "Hi Melissa!!!

I like your selection. Nora Roberts is one of my favorites, although I am not such a big fan of her writing as J.D. Robb lol

In the Garden is one of my favorite series :)

Enjoy!!!"

I know a lot of readers who like NR but not JD Robb OR like JD Robb but not Nora Roberts' writing. I enjoy the ...In Death books, but if she decides to wrap it up after 40+ books, I would be so okay with that.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm hoping to read about an hour to my 3 little ones as well - it's such a special time together. :)

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy | 181 comments Love that you're including your kids! My 14yo is a voracious reader but doesn't count her pages or do the social media thing much. However, my 11yo loves to put together a pile, take pictures, keep track, etc.

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments I love it when people include their children. Someone on Facebook has created a reward system for her children and reading. Complete with prizes. I think that is really awesome.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (tearainread) Hour Zero - Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
England (East Anglia region)

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Blue Dahlia Blue Dahlia (In The Garden, #1) by Nora Roberts

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Chocolate. Always.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Mom of two, military spouse, military veteran, and a reader obsessed with tea drinking.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?
I joined the GR and FB groups to be more social. I also changed up my TBR to focus on one author.

Good Luck to everyone participating!

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.