Perustopia Book Club discussion

Need help finding similar books to this one!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly Davis (writehollydavis) | 2 comments Hello! I was interested in finding more YA fantasy books similar to the plot/premise below:

A boy with a strange mark under his eye escapes from his world during an attack and lands on another world. He finds out all the worlds in the universe were destroyed except that one. The person to blame is a mysterious man with magical powers who is searching for four chosen ones, who when united, will unleash their true powers and also the gift of immortality to one soul. The boy owned a book when he was younger which allowed him to cast spells, but he feared the powerful magic and vowed never to use it again. Throughout the book, he joins a rebel group to fight against the evil man and finds his courage to use spells in order to get strong enough to defeat him.

I would really appreciate any ideas of books similar to this one in premise or concept. Thank you so much!!!

imashamedofmyoldreviews (pleasedontjudgeme_ichanged) That's a Harry Potter, Ruby Red Trilogy and Allegiant- like story. All merged into one. Interesting, though. What is the name of this book?

message 3: by Christian (new)

Christian Evgeniev (chrisevgeniev) | 0 comments Hey The Half Bad Trilogy by Sally Green is pretty similar to this one.
Yeah there is a lot of difference between the books but i bet that ur gonna enjoy it!

message 4: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) Chronicles of Nick has a lot of those elements.

It is an urban fantasy filled with greek myth as well as other mythologies. If you like preternatural beings, this one is a wild ride with lots of interesting characters, dealing with changing the future, protecting their secrets, and the present.

message 5: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin Halliwell Fraser Bower | 297 comments Maybe the black prism or the name of the wind or this savage song. The presime is not the same, obviously, but the reading style seems to fit.

message 6: by Bethany ♡ (new)

Bethany ♡ (bfmmcdermott) This isn't the most similar series, but I think you would enjoy The Belgarian, by David Eddings. There are other series and standalones that go with this series too.

message 7: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (the_book_prophet) | 245 comments Er.... maybe try out Riders by Veronica Rossi??

She who must not be named (she_who_must_not_be_named) What about The Gatekeeper Series by Anthony Horowitz?
I was reminded of it when I read your description though it doesn't necessarily fit onto it completely..

message 9: by Lalisaa (new)

Lalisaa | 117 comments Half bad & Harry Potter.