UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > The Jelly Baby Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Whats your favourite sweet? I have to confess a soft spot for the humble jelly baby. Unfortunately that soft spot is my stomach which is growing steadily!

But I have all sorts of other favourites as well...

message 2: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Might as well get the scarf that goes with them.

Buy Dr. Who scarf at thinkgeek

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Scarfy warfy????

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4325 comments Licorice

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Allsorts?

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4325 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "Allsorts?"

No I prefer Licorice toffee, Licorice root or "hard spanish" as we used to call it. I like some licorice allsorts but not all. My Dad used to like Allsorts.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I recently discovered the swedish salted licorice fish, and I adore them. Have you tried them?

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9087 comments I like toffee, the hard kind that goes soft when you chew it and sticks to your teeth. (I don't have any fillings btw) The ginger flavoured bits of Edinburgh Rock for supreme sugar rush, Hawick balls for buttery minty yumminess - and of course chocolate. :)

message 9: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments I bite the heads off jelly babies . . . (it's the humanest way to eat them!)

Recently discovered Reeces peanut butter cups. It's a good job they're hard to find over here, otherwise I'd be really fat! They're yummy!

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments bounty, twirl, malteasers , curly whirly, humbugs, spangles sherbet lemons , peardrops, starburst, twix, snickers, trebor mints. soft mints. any mints really, glacier fruits, glacier mints , oh mentioned mints, lion bar, picnic, galaxy, cinder toffee , mars bar, treacle toffee, bon bons, haribo, Cadbury flake, wispa, licourice allsorts, kit kat all flavours, the diet is going really well.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments ................ smarties , tic, tacs m & ms , revels, polos (mint category again) . dairy milk, chocolate, chewitts, bulls eyes.

message 12: by Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (last edited Oct 19, 2016 08:57AM) (new)

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9087 comments Basically you like them all, Eastwood? :)

message 13: by Katy (new)

Katy | 3414 comments Pear drops are my favourite :)

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Not keen on jelly babies :-)

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments Spearmint chews and aniseed balls for me. Or seaside rock in those flavours.

Lynne (Tigger's Mum) | 5862 comments I'm not reading this thread, you're all devils!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I think you're safe reading the link I posted.

Lynne (Tigger's Mum) | 5862 comments They might help my weight loss :o)

T4bsF (Call me Flo) (time4bedsaidflorence) Ferrero Rocher.... the only problem I have with these - is when the box is empty!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

message 21: by Joo (new)

Joo (jooo) | 1636 comments I don't like jelly babies as they are too soft and strange feeling for my mouth.
I am partial to a drumstick or two :)

I don't like squashies as they don't taste like what they are squashying.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11196 comments There are lots of sweets I miss being vegetarian :(

message 23: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "I think you're safe reading the link I posted."

Heavens to Murgatroyd, that was quite a review.

message 24: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21943 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re..."

brilliant :-)

message 25: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (kiwi365) | 3707 comments Aniseed Balls, Blackjacks, Jelly Belly Jelly beans and sour coke bottles.

Oh and Thorntons Turkish Delight bars.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

message 26: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21943 comments Orkney rum truffle

which doesn't appear to be made any more :-(

message 27: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments That's sad Jim :( sounds really tasty too.

It's got to be fudge for me, and Turkish delight and Blackcurrant and Liquorice sweets, Yum yum yum !

message 28: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Not one jelly baby passed my lips last night, GL you ate them all didn't you (cross look on my face)

message 29: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments Anita wrote: "Not one jelly baby passed my lips last night, GL you ate them all didn't you (cross look on my face)"

Never mind Anita - you're welcome to my share. Just save me the black wine gums.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments can anyone remember blackjacks and s@@bo bubbly (can't say the proper name for that one now ) used to make all your mouth go black ?

message 31: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21943 comments Anita wrote: "That's sad Jim :( sounds really tasty too.

It's got to be fudge for me, and Turkish delight and Blackcurrant and Liquorice sweets, Yum yum yum !"

yes a friend who went up to Orkney checked :-(

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4325 comments eastwood (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) wrote: "can anyone remember blackjacks and s@@bo bubbly (can't say the proper name for that one now ) used to make all your mouth go black ?"

You can still get blackjacks.
I remember when you got 4 for a penny. Also fruit salads.

I used to live in a sweetie shop.

message 33: by eastwood (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) (last edited Oct 20, 2016 02:15AM) (new)

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments lucky you, yeah forgot about fruit salads. you can still get blacks, where ?

message 34: by Jay-me (Janet) (last edited Oct 20, 2016 02:35AM) (new)

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4325 comments eastwood (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) wrote: "lucky you, yeah forgot about fruit salads. you can still get blacks, where ?"

I'll ask mum where she got them - they were in a packet. It was only in the last few weeks.

Edit. it was Asda

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments will be on the scouting mission for them then.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Anita wrote: "Not one jelly baby passed my lips last night, GL you ate them all didn't you (cross look on my face)"

Sorry Anita, they just looked so good...

T4bsF (Call me Flo) (time4bedsaidflorence) It has to be said Anita - if you knew GL was about - why on earth did you leave your JB's where she could get her mitts on 'em???

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments I love all sweets and chocolate, but one of my favourites is Lindt Lindor. It's just the way they melt in your mouth mmmmm.
Unfortunately I can't have any sweets any more as I'm on a diet :0(

message 39: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments I've been introduced to Haribo jelly babies, which aficienados say are the best.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments like the adverts for haribo they are funny.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments MmmmmmReece'speanutbuttercupsmmmmmmmmm

So pleased I can find them in the UK now.

Wish I could get Wunderbars.

message 42: by Anita (last edited Oct 20, 2016 08:35AM) (new)

Anita | 3758 comments It is Asda for the blackjacks Eastwood, our friend who lives in Agistry loves them so I get them in for him, I will get you some, don't like them personally though so there is no chance that they will be eaten before they reach you.

No Flo they weren't my jelly babies, they were GL and she didn't share, meanie !

That's a shame Jim, they do sound lovely.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments can you remember the bubbly I was on about then anita ? can understand why you can't get it anymore in this p.c. world .

message 44: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21943 comments Anita wrote: "That's a shame Jim, they do sound lovely...."

Orkney rum truffle can in a bar, or a block and was probably the best I've ever found

message 45: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Anita wrote: "Not one jelly baby passed my lips last night, GL you ate them all didn't you (cross look on my face)"

Never mind Anita - you're welcome to my share. Just save me the black wine gums."

That's so kind Elizabeth, you can have all my wine gums !

I do remember them Eastwood, definitely won't get it now though.

My mouth is watering Jim, a large bar would go down a treat. I'm not greedy, I wouldn't eat it all at once. When we go to the lakes I buy 4 bars of Coniston fudge on day 1, chop it into little pieces and eat a few each night when I settle down to read, it's lasts me all week and is a real treat. Coniston fudge is the best ever made,mtheir chocolate and Vanilla is to die for !

message 46: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21943 comments yes, it's lovely stuff is the Coniston fudge :-)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I was just on Amazon looking for ginger creams. You can get them still. They are a tad pricy though...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosss-Edinbu...

message 48: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "MmmmmmReece'speanutbuttercupsmmmmmmmmm

So pleased I can find them in the UK now.

Wish I could get Wunderbars."

When we lived in Vienna where Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were very hard to find, I used to spread peanut butter which I got shipped over from the States (real peanut butter, just ground up peanuts with no sugar, crunchy) and spread it on decent milk chocolate like a thick Milka bar. Turns out that's much better than a Reese's. Although my wife used to give me a look of disgust watching me do that. But I'm a Dave. We're used to looks of disgust from our wives.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Palma violets now they are minging.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9087 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "I was just on Amazon looking for ginger creams. You can get them still. They are a tad pricy though...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosss-Edinbu..."

I just go to the local sweetie shop and ask Beattie to pick the ginger bits out of the mixed jar for me :) I have contacts you know!

« previous 1