Huntsville-Madison County Public Library discussion

Just for Fun > The Funniest Living Writers Choose the Funniest Books in the World

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie Lee (new)

Annie Lee Phillips (annieleephillips) | 1119 comments Mod
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/bo...

I have not read most of these, but, true story about one of the ones I have, and wholeheartedly recommend: Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. I listened to the audio version while I was driving through Atlanta on Interstate 20. I laughed so hard (and I mean the gasping, keel over kind of laughter) that I almost ran off the road - David Sedaris rendered me unfit to drive. David Sedaris reads all of his own books on audio - it is an experience not to be missed.

Tell us your funny favorites!!

message 2: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Lukey | 1 comments Thanks for the article. That is cool. Some of the funniest authors I think are Douglas Adams, Dave Barry, and Pat McManus

message 3: by Annie Lee (new)

Thank you for your picks! I love Dave Barry and I KNOW I need to read Douglas Adams, but Pat McManus is new to me!

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex King (alexanderwynn) | 1 comments Douglas Adams is great; keeping a long this path, do not forget Terry Pratchett --his wit soothes the soul.

I just started reading his works thanks to a fellow librarian and suggestion in Neil Gaiman's book: View from the Cheap Seats...very inspirational --for writers and readers alike.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (dragonflymornings) | 25 comments I've been deep in kid land for many years so mine are all children's books that cracked me up: Hank the Cowdog read by the author is my number one choice, Jasper Dash and the Flame Pits of Delaware is a close second, and anything by Rick Riordan.

message 6: by Annie Lee (new)

Thanks for the funny kid recommendations!!

Heather wrote: "I've been deep in kid land for many years so mine are all children's books that cracked me up: Hank the Cowdog read by the author is my number one choice, Jasper Dash and the Flame Pits of Delaware..."

message 7: by Annie Lee (new)

Even more good stuff to add to my list. Thanks Alex!

Alex wrote: "Douglas Adams is great; keeping a long this path, do not forget Terry Pratchett --his wit soothes the soul.

I just started reading his works thanks to a fellow librarian and suggestion in Neil Ga..."