What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Feeling Sorry for Celia (Ashbury/Brookfield, #1)
This topic is about Feeling Sorry for Celia
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA novel of two girls that are penfriends [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Neelam (new) - added it

Neelam | 4 comments Please, please help me figure out this book. It's a YA book, I read it back in 2008. I don't know what year it was published. The plot goes that there are two main characters who are girls that go to different schools. They become friends through a pen friend program that their schools partake in. The book is like an epistolary where both the girls write back and forth describing their lives, schools, friends etc. One of the characters for sure was a red head who lived with her single mother. Her mom was some sort of advertising person who always left her notes on the fridge to come up with ideas for her next ad. The redhead is also a runner. At the end of the book, she is getting ready for a date. I don't remember anything else about the other character. But I loved this book and I really want to find it!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4885 comments Feeling Sorry for Celia Feeling Sorry for Celia (Ashbury/Brookfield, #1) by Jaclyn Moriarty ?

If not, anything about the cover?
Part of a series?
Time period/location story takes place?

message 3: by Neelam (new) - added it

Neelam | 4 comments THANK YOU! I have been looking for this book for years

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4885 comments you're welcome!

Dana Abel (danabethmarie) | 20 comments I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to mention that the author (Jaclyn Moriarty) of Feeling Sorry for Celia has quite a few books and they are all excellent. So if you enjoyed that one, you might want to check out the rest. My favorite is The Year of Secret Assignments. Also, the author's sister (Liane Moriarty) is a bestselling adult novelist, and her books are so good too! Runs in the family. My favorite of hers is Big Little Lies!

message 6: by Neelam (new) - added it

Neelam | 4 comments Thanks so much! I did not know all of that. I'll definitely checkout those other novels as well as her sisters' work.