SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
This topic is about Archangel's Heart
Archive: Past Book-of-the-Month > [Dec 2016] "Archangel's Heart" Discussion

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new) - rated it 4 stars

Steph (angel4492) | 29012 comments This is the discussion thread for our December BOM: Archangel's Heart by Nalini Singh.
Details you may wish to include in your discussion:
* What did you think of the continuing storyline?
* How did the plot compare to others in the series?
* Did you have a favorite quote or scene?
* Would you recommend the book to others?
* Do you plan on reading the rest of the series?

message 2: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra | 23889 comments According to Book Depository, my copy is on its way to me.

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new) - rated it 4 stars

Steph (angel4492) | 29012 comments Woohoo! :)

message 4: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra | 23889 comments I can imagine it flapping its wings. LOL

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new) - rated it 4 stars

Steph (angel4492) | 29012 comments LOL :D

Loriidae | 486 comments finally a series that I am up to date with. I was rather disappointed in Engima so fingers crossed. :)

message 7: by Steph, Serious series addict (new) - rated it 4 stars

Steph (angel4492) | 29012 comments Let us know how you like it, Loriidae.

message 8: by Marisa (last edited Nov 11, 2016 02:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marisa (moretta) | 875 comments I've just finished it and I've loved it. (view spoiler)

Marisa (moretta) | 875 comments Question, how do you put the status in the header of the message?

message 10: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra | 23889 comments Marisa do you mean the "added it", "rated it 4 stars" etc?

If so, Goodreads does it automatically.

Marisa (moretta) | 875 comments Yes, that I mean but I don't understand, as the book is currently in my shelves as "currently reading", but I think the problem is the edition. I'll check it later...

message 12: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra | 23889 comments No, "added it" is correct until you mark it as read. Added it means you've put it on your shelves.

Mine comes up "rated it 5 stars" because I've marked it read & I've rated it.

Marisa (moretta) | 875 comments I don't know the reason but I had the book in my shelves and it didn't appear. Anyway, it's there now.

message 14: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra | 23889 comments When I looked earlier you still had it as currently reading, but glad its now showing as 5 stars *hi 5* Marisa :D

Marisa (moretta) | 875 comments I didn't see it, I don't know. And yes, as on Friday I don't work in the evening, I spent the evening (and a bit of the night...) reading it.

And I enjoyed it a lot (it remembers me, in some aspects, to the "In Death" series).

Marisa (moretta) | 875 comments And, BTW, this evening I'm going to have dinner with some friends, one of them read in English (and she likes Nalini as much as me) and the other ones only read in Spanish (and they like Nalini as much as me), so I think we're going to be discussing the book, two of them, that is, and the other ones are going to be shooting dagger...

message 17: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra | 23889 comments LOL

Enjoy your friends & dinner Marisa :D

message 18: by Steph, Serious series addict (new) - rated it 4 stars

Steph (angel4492) | 29012 comments I really enjoyed this one too, but it was a slow start for me. Yet, once it's got going, I hated to put it down. It was great seeing more of Aodhan.

message 19: by Lis (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lis | 3607 comments I cannot wait to read and meant to come back and add my thoughts...

What did you think?
Always love Raphael and Elaina time and this book didn't disappoint... Raphael is even more warm and loving in this edition.

Plot?
All the Archangels are front and center to deal with what has become of the missing archangel Lijuan which seems to be a reoccurring theme and maybe a little tired... But other side stories were good...

Recommend?
Always, one of my all time favs, even though I sometimes get distracted by all the descriptive adjectives and adverbs... I forget what the topic was...

Will definitely follow this one to the end and any spinoff journey NS takes us in this world.

message 20: by Steph, Serious series addict (new) - rated it 4 stars

Steph (angel4492) | 29012 comments LOL! I'm with you, Lis ... and I'll "definitely follow this one to the end and any spinoff journey NS takes us in this world." :D

Lauren (laurenjberman) I finished it the other day and although it was very enjoyable overall, especially the character development, it had a filler feel to it.

There was very little progression in the Lijuan story arc and the Luminata plot was somewhat anti-climactic. (view spoiler)

I did like the (view spoiler)

Another element that I enjoyed was getting more information on (view spoiler)

message 22: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Dec 23, 2016 07:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Steph (angel4492) | 29012 comments It did have a somewhat filler feel to it with some obvious "answers", but I was okay with it. I liked the gathering, as well, and enjoyed exploring with Elena and Aodhan. And, while I'm not sure which pairing I'd prefer, I agree with your last spoiler in that more is always a good thing with this series.

message 23: by Loriidae (last edited Dec 26, 2016 08:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Loriidae | 486 comments Absolutely loved this one after the huge disappointment of Enigma - I really hated (view spoiler) So AH was a wonderful change.

Loved Ellie's background (view spoiler) Loved seeing more of Aodahn - his character is gaining dimension whereas Nassir was cloaked in mystery right up until his story.

Lauren (laurenjberman) Loriidae wrote: "Absolutely loved this one after the huge disappointment of Enigma - I really hated (view spoiler) So AH was a wonderful change. ."

I was also disappointed with Naasir's book. His (view spoiler)

Loriidae | 486 comments Lauren wrote: "Loriidae wrote: "Absolutely loved this one after the huge disappointment of Enigma - I really hated (view spoiler) So AH was a wonderful change. ."

I was also disappointed with Naasir's book. His ..."

Yes that is what ruined it for me too.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Archangel's Heart (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nalini Singh (other topics)