Woman of God Woman of God question

What did you think of the ending??
Hillary Hillary (last edited Oct 18, 2016 01:04PM ) Oct 18, 2016 01:02PM
I'll admit, I adored this book, but I found that the one thing I longed for at the end didn't happen.

What I really wanted was for (view spoiler)

I wanted that, and I also am not quite clear on whether Zach "got involved" in the pope news story, like it said he might in the prologue. What do you think?

And one more question: What did Brigid mean at the end when she says (view spoiler) Is this a reference to Zach, to being a doctor, to being a priest, or something else entirely?!

So many questions.

This is interesting! I hadn't really thought about the last line in the book. I just sort of assumed she meant that she was there in spirit and soul. I was curious about whether she would (presumably) take Gillian back with her to Africa! I admit I wanted the same thing with Zach at the end even though I totally agree she didn't need him etc etc. It would have been nice. :)

Honestly, I agree with both of you with your version of the ending. It just seemed like she deserved love to me. She was so strong, so spiritual, so compelling, and hurt by love, that it feels like she should get a happy ending like that.