2016 Choose Your Own Challenge Challenge discussion

Weekly Updates > Week 42- October 17

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
Sorry I actually forgot yesterday was Monday lol I finished My Secret Sister this week and have given up on my Sheree Fitch one. I'm disappointed because I think I'd actually like it but I'm not in the mood, it's about a chick who is facing her own mortality battling cancer and Im just not into it: I'll try again in a bit when I'm feeling it. Hope everyone else is having a good week :)

message 2: by Charline (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments Hey. Last week I read The Night Bookmobile for a graphic novel. It was only 38 pages, so that was quick! And I also finished and enjoyed Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore I used the hashtag #askalibrarian on twitter and asked for suggestions for books about books. This was one of the suggestions and I have to admit I probably wouldn't have chosen it myself, from the blurb on the back of the book, to the synopsis on Goodreads, but I'm glad I did read it, as it was quirky and a bit different. I enjoyed it.

Happy reading everyone.

message 3: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 89 comments Good morning!

I finished Clara Hughes memoir last week for the prompt a book about mental illness and this week I'm hitting two of my prompts. I got Running the Books: The Adventures of an Accidental Prison Librarian for a Goodreads recommendation and I'm using Mandela: The Authorized Portrait as a political memoir even though it isn't his memoir. I tried reading Hard Choices for this prompt originally but I had to stop as I couldn't get into it. The Mandella book is huge though and I have feeling it's going to take some time to get through.

I think that is a really neat idea Charline to try out. It might be cool to have us a prompt for next year. I read the same book but didn't overly enjoy it.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily Wrayburn (emilywrayburn) Hey there! It's been a while since I checked in here. I'm currently reading Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them for "a book becoming a movie this year" and my next read will be The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu: And Their Race to Save the World’s Most Precious Manuscripts for "a book where the MC has your occupation" (even though it's non-fiction; I'm still counting it!). After that, I'll only have three books left to complete my challenge!