Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (The Tales of Dunk and Egg, #1-3)
This topic is about A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms
A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms > The Hedge Knight

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - added it

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
The Hedge Knight

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it was a very interesting short story. There were so many new/old names that I won't remember, though. I wonder if Aemon will appear. I really hope so. I have a soft spot for the man.

I see where Robert Bartheon gets his strength and wildness from. haha

message 3: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (last edited Feb 25, 2017 04:25PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
I am only about halfway through this short story but will post anyway.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"...as he watched a dragonfly move lazily among the reeds. Why would they name it a dragonfly he wondered. It looks nothing like a dragon. "
-That is a great question. I never thought of that so I looked it up and there are a few folklores. http://blog.cleggs.com/news/dragonfly...

I am of Romanian descent so I post the Romanian folklore:

Romanian Folklore

In old Romanian folklore, the dragonfly was actually a horse ridden by Saint George. St. George rid the mythical town of Silence of the dragon that lived in the town’s pond and poisoned the town. After wounding the dragon, he leashed the dragon and gave it to the town’s princess. Saint George’s horse became a giant flying insect when cursed by the devil. In the Romanian language, the word for dragonfly translates into Devil’s Horse or Devil’s fly. The Romanian word for devil is drac, which can also indicate dragon. In English, it translated to dragonfly.

--------------

I just love his name ... Ser Duncan The Tall.

--------------

The illustrations are great. And I think Dunk is a hottie!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Lmao.

message 5: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 2 stars

Alex Farrand wrote: "I thought it was a very interesting short story. There were so many new/old names that I won't remember, though. I wonder if Aemon will appear. I really hope so. I have a soft spot for the man.

I ..."

Yes I hope we see Aemon too! That would be sweet.

And as far as the Baratheon's yeah this Baratheon was awesome too! Just like King Robert. (I still love Robert. The best Baratheon ever!)

message 6: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (last edited Feb 26, 2017 08:10AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

I loved this story.

RIP Baelor. Oh that was too sad.

photo Screenshot_2017-02-26-10-04-49_zpsz7ciitqj.jpg

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I liked the next story better than this. Well one of the characters was really cool

message 8: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 2 stars

"The meadow was a churning mass of people all trying to elbow their way closer for a better view. Dunk was as good an elbower as any and bigger than most. He squirmed forward to a rise 6 yards from the fence. When Egg complained that all he could see were arses Dunk sat the boy on his shoulders. "

Aw that was very funny and quite cute. This is the beginning of a true friendship!

message 9: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 2 stars

Alex Farrand wrote: "I think I liked the next story better than this. Well one of the characters was really cool"

Oh good. Glad to hear it is good too.