Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Author profile

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lylah (new)

Lylah James (lylahjames) | 12 comments Hi. I don't know if this is the right place but I am hoping someone could help me.

I send a request to claim a profile as an author. That was more than a week ago and I still haven't gotten accepted yet.

I don't know who my book was added by but I want to claim it. The other issue is that I write on wattpad and the person wrote down my username instead of my author name. And they also added a duplicate book. The title is also wrong and missing a part of it.

It should say The Mafia and His Angel:Part 1

but it only says The Mafia and His Angel.

Here is the link to the profile: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Instead of HumB01, it should say Lylah James (which is my author name)

And how come I still didn't get an approval email? How long does Goodreads usually take?

Thank you in advance for your help.
-Lylah James

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments I have merged the duplicate edition, but am unsure about the rest. The name on the cover says HumB01. I don't know if that cover was fabricated by the person who added it, or if the story has this cover on Wattpad.

Also, this comment by rivka says that posting a complete story on Wattpad is considered published under Goodreads policy, and this is apparently a WIP.

From the librarian manual: "book-length fanfiction which is complete (no WIPs, please), and self-published" is considered a book.

Finally, since librarians are not staff, we have no insight into how long approval may take. But if this Part 1 should be deleted from the database, you would have no title to your name anyway (unless the story is already complete).

message 3: by Lylah (new)

Lylah James (lylahjames) | 12 comments lethe wrote: "I have merged the duplicate edition, but am unsure about the rest. The name on the cover says HumB01. I don't know if that cover was fabricated by the person who added it, or if the story has this ..."

Okay thank you so much. With that said, this book is getting published (it has been picked up by a publisher), so I will need the name HumB01 to change (because its a username) to my author name Lylah James.

Is it possible to delete the book? So that I can add it again to the database. That way there isn't anymore mistakes? Because even the synopsis needs to be changed. There is a lot to fix up. Because whoever added this wasn't me (the author) so she/he didn't know.

I am the author anyways, so then I will claim the book/profile again and hopefully it works then.

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Leaving this for a (super)librarian who knows about Wattpad editions.

message 5: by Lylah (new)

Lylah James (lylahjames) | 12 comments lethe wrote: "Leaving this for a (super)librarian who knows about Wattpad editions."

Okay. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it and I hope its soon as I don't want to get the book mixed up and confusing to my readers.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43526 comments Mod
Lylah, you may wish to use the Contact Us link on the Help page to speak to Support directly..