What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Kidnapped person returning home

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cara's Craftsations (last edited Oct 18, 2016 09:18AM) (new)

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments The return trying to adjusted to their new/old life

Like Janie in Whatever Happened to Janie?

Or the TV show Finding Carter

Examples

Spoilers Warning
Oliver in Emmy & Oliver Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway
Jack and Ma Room Room by Emma Donoghue

The ending of these books has the MC returning home. I would like some books that focused more on the MC acclimating to new/old life

Stolen: A Letter to My Captor Stolen A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher
I Am Regina I Am Regina by Sally M. Keehn

Standing in the Light: The Captive Diary of Catharine Carey Logan, Delaware Valley, Pennsylvania, 1763 Standing in the Light The Captive Diary of Catharine Carey Logan, Delaware Valley, Pennsylvania, 1763 (Dear America) by Mary Pope Osborne

message 2: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1220 comments The Light in the Forest is a classic that is pretty much exactly what you describe.

The summary does not reflect it, but at least half of The Deep End of the Ocean is about what happens after a child kidnapped at the age of three is found nine years later.

Taking Terri Mueller is from the point of view of a girl who has always believed her mother died when she was very young, who learns that actually she was kidnapped by her father and her mother is still alive.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Adele wrote: "The Light in the Forest is a classic that is pretty much exactly what you describe.

The summary does not reflect it, but at least half of The Deep End of the Ocean is abo..."

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I was beginning to worry that I was going to get no comments.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1531 comments What the Dead Know is about a woman claiming to be a girl who went missing years before. The book is about whether she really is who she says she is.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Rachel wrote: "What the Dead Know is about a woman claiming to be a girl who went missing years before. The book is about whether she really is who she says she is."

I am interested in any kidnapped stories. Thank you.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Afterward
The Leaving
Pretty Girl-13
After the Woods
When Jeff Comes Home
The Lost and the Found
[book:..."

Thank you for all of your suggestions.

message 8: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1220 comments I haven't read this one, but the description sounds perfect for you: If You Find Me

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Adele wrote: "I haven't read this one, but the description sounds perfect for you: If You Find Me"

Thank you

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
A Circle Unbroken
Captured by a roving band of Dakota Indians and brought up as the chief's daughter, Rachel is recaptured by her White family and finds it difficult to adjust, as she longs to return to the band.

Billy
Billy, a sixteen-year-old boy who becomes reunited with the family he was kidnapped from by his natural father six years earlier, tries to sort out his identity.

Twice Taken
A support group for teenagers coping with family problems helps Amy to adjust after she's ordered to live with her mother following the discovery that her divorced father abducted her years ago.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "A Circle Unbroken
Captured by a roving band of Dakota Indians and brought up as the chief's daughter, Rachel is recaptured by her White family and finds it difficult to adjust, as she..."

Thank you.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments I found some more books
Dizzy Dizzy by Cathy Cassidy
Clay Clay by Colby Rodowsky

message 13: by Hilliary (new)

Hilliary (hilliary-ca) | -1 comments "The President's Daughter" and "Long May She Reign" by Ellen Emerson White. YA books

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Hilliary wrote: ""The President's Daughter" and "Long May She Reign" by Ellen Emerson White. YA books"
Thank you

message 15: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19016 comments We Now Return to Regular Life, coming out next year.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Kym wrote: "Finding Claire Fletcher"

Rainbowheart We Now Return to Regular Life

Thank you guys for your suggestions.

message 19: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments You might be interested in the classic by Robert Louis Stevenson "Kidnapped"

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Joseph wrote: "You might be interested in the classic by Robert Louis Stevenson "Kidnapped""

Rainbowheart wrote: "Amy Chelsea Stacie Dee"

Thanks guys.

message 21: by Eric (new)

Eric Klein | 3 comments I read "My Story" by Elizabeth Smart in one day totally enjoyed it, felt like i was her

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Eric wrote: "I read "My Story" by Elizabeth Smart in one day totally enjoyed it, felt like i was her"

I have it on my to read shelf, Thank you

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Alexandra wrote: "The Lost and the Found
The Creeping"

The Lost and the Found. Is on my list
The Creeping. I will put on my list, thank you.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Bump*

message 26: by Heather (new)

Heather | 13 comments The Girl in the Box (about kidnapping and not adjusting afterwards): The Girl in the Box by Ouida Sebestyen
Where the Stars Still Shine: Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Heather wrote: "The Girl in the Box (about kidnapping and not adjusting afterwards): The Girl in the Box by Ouida Sebestyen
Where the Stars Still Shine: Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller"

Thanks.

message 29: by Rosa (new)

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Rosa wrote: "East"

Read it, Thanks.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Bump*

message 33: by Kate (new)

Kate (katiebobus) | 200 comments These are both psychological thrillers, but they deal with trauma more than action:
[Book: Good as Gone]
[Book: Still Missing]

message 34: by Karen (last edited Oct 30, 2019 05:46AM) (new)

Karen | 260 comments The End of Everything

and like someone suggested above already Emmy & Oliver

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Karen wrote: "The End of Everything

and like someone suggested above already Emmy & Oliver"

Kate wrote: "These are both psychological thrillers, but they deal with trauma more than action:
[Book: Still Missing]"

Rachel wrote: "The Never List"

Thank you guys so much.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Kate wrote: "These are both psychological thrillers, but they deal with trauma more than action:
[Book: Still Missing]"

These books are not clickable.

message 37: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1220 comments I am currently reading Enemy Brothers. A little boy is taken from his English family when he is 18 months old. He is raised fully believing he is the son of the German woman who kidnapped him. The book is set during WWII when the boy is about 12 and has fully bought in to the Nazi propaganda and then he is returned to his brothers and sisters in England. I am finding it quite interesting.

message 39: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha (epicfunsize) | 78 comments Pretty similar - The Compound is the first book, with escape at the end, and the second, The Fallout, is all about the readjustment.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Tabitha wrote: "Pretty similar - The Compound is the first book, with escape at the end, and the second, The Fallout, is all about the readjustment."

SamSpayedPI wrote: "Finding Zach
Aftermath"

Adele wrote: "I am currently reading Enemy Brothers. A little boy is taken from his English family when he is 18 months old. He is raised fully believing he is the son of the German woman who kid..."

Thank you guys.

message 42: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1134 comments The Cornhusk Doll by Eleanor Reindollar Wilcox The Cornhusk Doll

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Thx ladies.

message 46: by Lillian (new)

Lillian | 30 comments Counterfeit Son
Here Lies Daniel Tate
Dead to You
I’m not sure if it’s exactly what you’re wanting (no kidnapping) but Moccasin Trail has a character return back to his white family after spending nearly five years living with Indians.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Lillian wrote: "Counterfeit Son
Here Lies Daniel Tate
Dead to You
I’m not sure if it’s exactly what you’re wanting (no kidnapping) but Moccasin Trail has..."

Thx.