English 9 Period 1 discussion

Semester 1 IR book

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Hatfield (mrhatfieldp1) | 1 comments Mod
Describe the book that you are reading: characters, plot, setting.

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Martinez | 1 comments Dave is abused by his mother and he can't escape the house because he is scared she will kill him considering she has even stabbed him. He lives in a old house with very ugly walls and everything is really dusty.

message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 1 comments Iggy is a troubled kid whos mother is missing and his father pays no attention to him. Living in the hood he starts looking for money and most importantly his mother. As he roams around the hood he sees that the world is cruel, cold and scary.

message 4: by Jaime (last edited Oct 18, 2016 08:27AM) (new)

Jaime Caravantes | 1 comments The book I am currently reading is called The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt, is about a boy from New York named Theodore Decker. Theo lost his mother after a terrorist attack in a art exhibit, he fortunately survived with some minor bruising and vision damage. His deadbeat dad, who abandoned him and his mother, suddenly arrived with his girlfriend, Xandra, to take him to where he lived, Las Vegas. There, Theo falls into a dark pit of drug use, alcohol consumption, malnutrition, shoplifting, and skipping school.

message 5: by JocelynL (new)

JocelynL | 1 comments The story begins in August 1962 with Aibileen, a housekeeper for Miss Leefolt. Aibileen's son died a few months before she started working for the Leefolt residence. She takes care of Miss Leefolt baby girl, who prefers to be with the help rather than her own mama. Miss Leefolt is a skinny, twenty-three year old. She then meets Miss Skeeter, a journalist who wants to write about the life about the help

message 6: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Trujillo | 1 comments The book im reading is Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and i just started readings the book so im not sure what its about

message 7: by Carlos (new)

Carlos Ayala | 1 comments The story Im reading is about 2 parents that give up their child because he is an idiot. They cant look after him so they are getting rid of him. Sarah remembers that the doctor said that he was going to be an idiot.

message 8: by Angelee (new)

Angelee Kwieraga | 3 comments In the story Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes it's about a girl who never has experienced much. During the story her life starts having a lot of dramatic/exciting events. This takes place in her home town Henryetta. There is a killer and a guy that accompanies her in this story.

message 9: by Hector (new)

Hector | 1 comments The book i am reading is Cirque du Freak which the main character Darran Shan and his friends attend a very secret circus where it is only available for a week where their lives change forever.

message 10: by Angel (new)

Angel | 1 comments The book i am reading is the House of Hades by Rick Riordan it starts off when the seven demigods just defeated Arachne in Rome, but Percy and Athena fell into tartarus as well. Now the other five remaining demigods are going to close the doors of death and are hoping to meet up with Percy and Annabeth while they are there.

message 11: by JOCELYNf (last edited Oct 21, 2016 08:02AM) (new)

JOCELYNf  Flores | 1 comments The book i am currently reading is Orphans of the Carnival it is about a girl who was the main attraction ,she is both the fascinating toast of a Governor's ball and the shunned, revolting, unnatural beast. But she has a wonderful yet, horrible link to Rose, the collector of lost treasures.

message 12: by Rose (new)

Rose Del Rosario | 1 comments The book im currently reading is If I Stay,it is about a 17-year-old Mia Hall as she deals with the aftermath of a catastrophic car accident involving her family. Mia is the only member of her family to survive, and she finds herself in a coma.

message 13: by Angelee (new)

Angelee Kwieraga | 3 comments Someone now has killed Roses mom. They think Rose has done it since they got into a fight earlier that day. She didn't though because she was out at the library all day. They got Rose a lawyer to fight the court.

message 14: by Angelee (new)

Angelee Kwieraga | 3 comments Now that Rose doesn't listen what her mom says anymore, she made a list of things she wants to do before she dies. One of the things is that she wants to get a cellphone.