Play Book Tag discussion

Sit! Stay! Speak!
This topic is about Sit! Stay! Speak!
Archive: Other Books > Sit! Stay! Speak! / Annie England Noblin - 1*

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited Oct 18, 2016 06:55AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6162 comments Sit! Stay! Speak! by Annie England Noblin
Sit! Stay! Speak! – Annie England Noblin
1*

Addie Andrews has inherited her Aunt Tilda’s house in tiny Eunice Arkansas, so she moves from Chicago, and the painful memories there, to refurbish the homestead and heal from her wounds. Of course, she finds that the peace and quiet of a small Southern town is just a myth; there’s plenty going on and everyone seems to know her business. When she finds an injured pit bull puppy, she comes to the attention of local hunk Jasper Floyd, and things get complicated.

Oh dear … The best part of this novel – and unfortunately it is a small part – is Felix, the pit bull puppy; and I say that even though I’m not a “dog person.” I knew going in that it was chick lit, and I wasn’t expecting great literature but this was really bad. The characters are cardboard, the plot is nonsensical, the relationships are unbelievable and the dialogue is tortured and clichéd.

On the plus side, Felix is a great dog, earning the book 1 star. It’s a fast read, and it satisfied several challenges.

message 2: by Barbara M (last edited Oct 18, 2016 09:02AM) (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2278 comments Oh, I am so sorry to see that one star! Sounds like it could have been a good book - the description and the title grabbed me. I only occasionally do chic lit but some can be good, I think I'll pass!