The Not a Book Club Club discussion

A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
This topic is about A Closed and Common Orbit
Wayfarers > ACACO: Part 3: Circle (Full Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
Part 3

Discuss Part 3: Circle and/or the book as a whole.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling things for your good read friends.

Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine.

Lindsay | 546 comments My Review

I was so worried Sidra was going to delete herself to allow Owl to walk away in the kit.

I also loved how after switching into the shuttle the kit/Sidra divide was just gone. From there on in it was Sidra's body or Sidra smiled or ... Tiny little nuance to start with with an unremarked payoff later, but a solid payoff nonetheless.

And it makes total sense that Sidra and Owl would end up opening a bar. It fills both their "purposes" and lays the ground for yet another type of family.

... now I want to watch Cheers where the bartender is a robot and the pub is an AI. :)

message 3: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
I totally forgot to post after finishing.

I was really happy for the happy ending. After Pepper's childhood and Sindras struggles it was nice to end on that note.

Thanks to your pointing out the observation of the kit, I did pick up on the change when she finally accepted her new home.

I'd totally watch that show.

Suzanne | 1582 comments I'd watch that show too! Ha I want it. I thought the ending was perfect. I too was worried that Sidra would disappear, and she really seemed accepting of the fact that it COULD happen. I loved the ideas about searching for purpose, and I'm SO glad they found Owl.