Horror Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > Krampusnacht

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 11050 comments Mod
would anyone be interested in doing something for Krampusnacht, or Krampus Night? let's toss some ideas around!

According to folklore, Krampus purportedly shows up in towns the night before December 6, known as Krampusnacht, or Krampus Night. December 6 also happens to be Nikolaustag, or St. Nicholas Day, when German children look outside their door to see if the shoe or boot they'd left out the night before contains either presents (a reward for good behavior) or a rod (bad behavior).

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/ne...

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 6089 comments Mod
Very familiar with Krampus! I read several books featuring him just last year. Brom's version Krampus The Yule Lord by Brom , was particularly good.

message 3: by Char (new)

Char  | 14243 comments Mod
Kimberly wrote: "Very familiar with Krampus! I read several books featuring him just last year. Brom's version Krampus The Yule Lord by Brom, was particularly good."

I've not read that one, but I have a new one from Brom that I need to read soon for Edelweiss.

message 4: by Latasha (new)

Yes! I've read Brim's twice now. I love it!

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Yes! I'm interested!

message 6: by Latoya (new)

Latoya  | 93 comments I keep thinking of how deceitful bell snickel (sp) is LOL. LONG LIVE KRAMPUS!; Read Bron's Krampus.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I am interested too. Brom looks like a good choice.

message 8: by Latasha (new)

Yeah that book is great but I was leaning a lil more toward some type of exchange but if you all want to read it we can do that instead.

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 6089 comments Mod
Latasha wrote: "Yeah that book is great but I was leaning a lil more toward some type of exchange but if you all want to read it we can do that instead."

I just read it recently, but I think the "exchange" sounds like fun!!!

message 10: by Latoya (new)

Latoya  | 93 comments Kimberly wrote: "Latasha wrote: "Yeah that book is great but I was leaning a lil more toward some type of exchange but if you all want to read it we can do that instead."

I just read it recently, but I think the "..."

Yes that sounds found!