Horror Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > Christmas Card Exchange 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10683 comments Mod
Hello! time for our Christmas card exchange. it's simple, you send me a message containing your name and address and on November 4th, i'll mail out the list of people who signed up and you mail them a Christmas card! it works just like the Halloween card exchange. the cards can be hand made or store bought. the choice is yours. if you are of a different religion, that's ok too. just tell us and your preferred greeting. international is ok too.
RULES:
DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU DO NOT INTEND ON MAILING CARDS
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP IS NOV. 3

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments I am in. - Woohoo.

message 3: by Latasha (new)

gotcha :)

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments I am in!!

message 5: by Latasha (new)

Ok send me your address.

message 6: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 883 comments I am in.

message 7: by Latasha (new)

so far, Sharon, Rachel, Katy and Kim. Rachel, I need your info.

message 8: by Latasha (new)

ok, so far we only have 5 people signed up. do you all want to keep it small or do you want me to make a group announcement for this?

message 9: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 883 comments Latasha wrote: "ok, so far we only have 5 people signed up. do you all want to keep it small or do you want me to make a group announcement for this?"

I'm OK either way. If everybody on the list reliably sends cards, that might be better than getting a larger group with a 65-75% return ratio...

I don't know how others feel.

But I will send to everyone on the list whichever way it goes.

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments I agree with Katy. I will send to all on the list.

message 11: by Latasha (new)

I'm just going to keep it small. not everyone sent out Halloween cards.

message 12: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 883 comments Latasha wrote: "I'm just going to keep it small. not everyone sent out Halloween cards."

Agreed.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments I am happy to send to whomever. It will still be fun.

message 14: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Has the list been sent out yet. Just wondering if I have missed it.

message 15: by Latasha (new)

No! I thought I had the deadline as the 11th. I'm so sorry! I'll send it out this evening after work if I don't have to work over. Again, I'm sorry!

message 16: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 883 comments Latasha wrote: "No! I thought I had the deadline as the 11th. I'm so sorry! I'll send it out this evening after work if I don't have to work over. Again, I'm sorry!"

Looking forward to it!

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments No need to be sorry. Whenever you are ready. We still have plenty of time.

message 18: by Latasha (new)

ok, the list are out. you should have 6 names including your own. I forgot mine so I sent it separately.

message 19: by Pamellia (new)

Pamellia (michiganparents) I am NOT BELIEVING I missed the card exchange again!! What is wrong with me? Latasha, are there 6 people on the list including you? If you don't mind I can PM everyone my address that I see here and if these people were on the list last year I still have it. I will investigate and look forward to hearing from you.

message 20: by Pamellia (new)

Pamellia (michiganparents) There are 4 participants here and I think I might have all there addresses. So I am missing two or 3 names. I am happy to send cards early with return address if someone wants to send me one. I understand if you don't want to send me the list, Latasha, I am very late.

message 21: by Latasha (new)

Ok u can send it to me & I'll send it out. Yeah I think there was a few that sent me addresses but didn't comment on the thread.

message 22: by Sharon (last edited Nov 21, 2016 02:15AM) (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments I haven't sent my cards yet, but will be more than willing to send to Pamellia as well. ;o)

(hopefully post at the weekend)

message 23: by Latasha (new)

I haven't either. Mine will go out after thanksgiving.

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) | 75 comments I don't know how I missed this email over 4 weeks ago. I even bought special cards for this group. Sorry guys. I'll catch you next year. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

message 25: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 883 comments Latasha wrote: "I haven't either. Mine will go out after thanksgiving."

Put my card in the mail. Which wasn't easy as the first post office mail box I found was sealed. Had to drive a few blocks past my house to find one that was still being serviced.

But they're on the way now!

Amazon is having a $10 off $25 sale on books through 11/28 if anyone is book shopping.

message 26: by Latasha (new)

Katy wrote: "Latasha wrote: "I haven't either. Mine will go out after thanksgiving."

Put my card in the mail. Which wasn't easy as the first post office mail box I found was sealed. Had to drive a few blocks p..."

thanks Katy!

message 27: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments I'll be sending mine out early next week. I'm so excited to start receiving cards :) I'm finally taking down my Halloween cards from the exchange LOL.

message 28: by Latasha (new)

yeah, I'll probably send mine out next week too.

message 29: by Jennicem (new)

Jennicem | 12 comments Damn it!! Missed it! It just came up so fast!! Have fun everyone.

message 30: by Latasha (new)

I got your very cute card today Katy! I'm mailing Sharon's tomorrow but everyone else still has to wait! :p

message 31: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 883 comments Latasha wrote: "I got your very cute card today Katy! I'm mailing Sharon's tomorrow but everyone else still has to wait! :p"

I'm excited for this exchange. Hope everyone has as much fun getting and sending cards as I do. Bought cards this time around, as it's been a challenging year.

message 32: by Latasha (new)

I always am happy to get mail from my fellow HA members! I like your card Katy. Mine are store bought too. It's ok!

message 33: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments So are mine and they will be all posted by the end of the week. I love receiving the cards from all over.

message 34: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) | 75 comments I got Katy's lovely card on Saturday! So pretty. Mailed mine to you Katy yesterday. ;)

message 35: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Got yours Katy, thank you.

Just to let you all know, I have posted mine out today. You will definitely get them before Christmas.

message 36: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments OK I got my last two (international) cards mailed out!!! :) Hopefully the international cards don't take too long.

message 37: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 883 comments Over the past few days, I've received Amanda's, Sharon's and Kim's! Love opening cards, and each was so individual and personal. Thanks, everyone!

message 38: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 883 comments Just received Rachel and Tosha's cards! So much fun.

Hope you're all having a great December.

message 39: by Latasha (new)

I've received Amanda's, Kim's and Rachel's.

message 40: by Pamellia (new)

Pamellia (michiganparents) I have received almost everyone's cards. But I have been so under the weather. Haven't made it to mass or, shockingly, not even choir rehearsal!! We sing with an orchestra during the Midnight mass and it is simply beautiful!! So last week I hired a teenage girl to come help me twice a week and a cleaning lady, every other week. That seems to help and I get inspired to do things and it becomes a royal disaster. I did manage to make a pretty grapevine wreath and decorated the back.deck...but the snow came and twarted my extensive plans for the deck. I addressed three out if country cards today. Had a stamp for one didn't post any. Now I am in bed hoping my pain meds will award me the ability to prepare supper and get my HA cards done, at least. I have about 75 friends and family I send cards too. It's very tiring for me. I wish each of you a joyous holiday season!! If you are where it snows, I hope you have a winter wonderland and can roast some chestnuts on the grill!! But mainly I wish you the peace brought to us by the Great Incarnation! I will light a candle of each of you during this season and (if I don't get to busy and firget) I will offer my Midnight mass prayers up.for the intentions of our small.card exchange group this year. If you think I am being too preachy, you can always unfriend me, but I will still say those prayers for you!! LOL Honestly, this pain medication does make me ramble!! Peace and love to each of you. The cards I am sending were an early surprise gift from my daughter. Such a sweetheart. They remind me of Michigan with all oursnow and trees. I hope you enjoy them. I love each and everyone of your cards!! But who.sent the Snowcat card? That one is pretty while being funny. Katy, the Cat and the Mouse!! A take on the Lion and the Lamb, I suppose. Your card was our first one this year.

message 41: by Pamellia (new)

Pamellia (michiganparents) Dag-gone, that's one long comment!!

I have found that overseas taked around 5 days, at least to Sweden. But I do hope everyone gets my card. Oops, I am starting again!

message 42: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments What a sweet comment, I love reading it Pamellia. I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family and best wishes for a happy new year.

message 43: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 883 comments Pamellia wrote: "I have received almost everyone's cards. But I have been so under the weather. Haven't made it to mass or, shockingly, not even choir rehearsal!! We sing with an orchestra during the Midnight mass ..."

Hi. Glad you liked my cat/mouse Peace card. I liked Amanda's snowmen/snowcat card too. I almost got that one, so it's a good thing I didn't!

I got one from Nikki yesterday, and Jen -

It was fun to get one in the mail that I almost bought in the store.

message 44: by Latasha (new)

I received Sharon's yesterday. it's so pretty!

message 45: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Thank you for my cards. They are all lovely and on display.

message 46: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 883 comments Sharon wrote: "Thank you for my cards. They are all lovely and on display."

I love all my cards too. They are on the sideboard, highlights of a Christmas display. Merry Christmas everyone!

message 47: by Latasha (new)

Mine are hanging over one of my John Willam Waterhouse posters.

message 48: by Latasha (new)

I got your card today Pamellia. Thank you very much!

message 49: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 883 comments Loved my cards. Thanks everyone!

message 50: by Pamellia (new)

Pamellia (michiganparents) I have enjoyed all the cards I received. However I don't display our Christmas cards. I have a box by the fire place and put al our cards in there so if someone wants to, they can look through the cards we have received. I do a miniature scene on our mantel, then the Christmas tree and various lighted items (yes, I have none fire lights in the candy dishes). I like to look through the cards that way. Hope everyone is having a fab Christmas season!!