Barlow College Reading Fall 2016 discussion

Which do you prefer?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva (new)

Eva Leslie | 54 comments I was thinking about whether I prefer autobiographies or biographies more.. which one do you guys prefer?

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna | 26 comments I personally prefer biographies more. I feel like it's better to see the perspective of someone from a different view. In autobiographies, when someone writes about themselves, I feel like they only tell the story of their life that they want people to hear.

message 3: by Quinn (new)

Quinn Kellogg | 25 comments I agree with Anna but I also like autobiography's because you can see someones life through your own eyes, and it seems more personal. If you were looking for any book suggestions, I would suggest The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. It is an autobiography, graphic novel and it is so good

message 4: by Julianna (new)

Julianna Frank | 17 comments I like both depending on what viewpoint I want to read from and how much personal detail I am looking for. If I want to know more about a personal experience I will turn to an autobiography, but if I just want a general overview of a person I will turn to a biography.

message 5: by Richie (new)

Richie Lenoci | 39 comments I personally like both, but it sometimes seems exciting to read an autobiography because you get the first hand action and emotions of the author. Another great autobiography is Anne Frank's autobiography (The Diary of a Young Girl). It's not only moving but also a great piece of history

message 6: by Lilian (new)

Lilian | 41 comments I think both are great. But I personally reads more autobiographies, because I like to see how others live their life and their beliefs of the world. It helps me to think of my own life and sometimes I would always make a connection with the author who is writing the book.