Literazzi discussion

Group Book Discussions > A Manual for Cleaning Women

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (last edited Oct 17, 2016 03:05PM) (new)

Christine | 311 comments Mod
It's a pity our books aren't available at the Library yet. May I suggest the T.O. Library. They have an electronic version and one copy on the shelf in Newbury Park! I think our books are supposed to be ready at the S.V. Library by this Wednesday, 10/19. Call first to make sure though.

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda | 188 comments The book is worth the wait. Some of the stories are very short. Bear in mind as you read it that the stories are inspired by her life.

message 3: by Christine (new)

I can't believe you've finished it already! I'm loving them so far!

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda | 188 comments I couldn't put it down and read several stories each day until I finished. I can't believe I'd never even heard of her or this book, considering it was named one of the best of 2015.

message 5: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Mikita | 10 comments I just finished the book today, all I can say is WOW!

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda | 188 comments It should make for a good discussion, I think.

message 7: by Christine (new)

I'm concerned about HOW we're going to discuss it. There are so many stories! And I've already forgotten many of them.

message 8: by Linda (new)

Linda | 188 comments Who is leading? I took notes as I read, otherwise I would be lost. It helps that it's her story for the most part, so often she's the main character in each story.

message 9: by Christine (new)

Sandi is leading the discussion. It will be challenging I think.

message 10: by Linda (new)

Linda | 188 comments I think we'll be fine, especially since most of us read it just recently.

message 11: by Christine (new)

But there are so many stories. We can't really discuss them by going down the list like we did the last time.

message 12: by Christine (new)

What a great discussion we had on this book after all! Sandi did a great job getting us into it, and as usual we almost couldn't stop talking. I'm so glad we read this collection. It's made me much more a fan of the genre!

message 13: by Linda (new)

Linda | 188 comments I agree. And to think I was prejudiced against short stories for years. Just think of all I missed!