Gore and More discussion

Group Reads > November 2016 - Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenneth (last edited Oct 17, 2016 02:30PM) (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 677 comments Mod
November. A time when the last few remaining leaves fall from the trees and are replaced by icicles. Frost on the grass leading to snow. A cold wind to chill your bones that only a fire in the fireplace can thaw. So, as we nestle into our cozy homes and prepare for a long winter, we'd like to honor a writer whose work is notorious for sending an icy shiver down many a reader's spine. On November 10th, it's Jack Ketchum's birthday and we're celebrating by dedicating our November Group Read to him!

So, please post your suggestions for which Jack Ketchum story you'd like to nominate as our Group Read. Nominations will start now and end on October 21st at the stroke of midnight!

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I haven't read anything of his, so I'm up for anything!

message 4: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 677 comments Mod
Karl wrote: ""Blister" - Strand

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3..."

Jack Ketchum is the author of the month. Please make a selection of one of his offerings.

message 5: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I've want to re-read The Girl Next Door. I nominate that.

message 6: by Sarah (last edited Oct 17, 2016 05:17PM) (new)

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris (gonetoyourhaed) | 7 comments Off Season Off Season (Dead River, #1) by Jack Ketchum I just realized this book was based in Maine, where I live. Cannibalism in my backyard sounds great!

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna (doppiocuore) | 35 comments I've already read The Girl Next Door and both The Secret Life of Souls and Off Season sound good.

message 9: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis I nominate The Lost by Jack Ketchum The Lost

message 10: by Christal (new)

Christal | 5 comments I've read most of Ketchum's works, and love them all. I nominate Ladies Night and/or The Lost. Two that I haven't read and have been meaning to.

message 11: by D20 (new)

D20 | 173 comments The Lost sounds good. I haven't read this author before either so it should be interesting.

message 12: by William (new)

William King | 2 comments The Lost has my vote.

message 13: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 150 comments I haven't read any Jack Ketchum books but The Secret Life of Souls The Secret Life of Souls by Jack Ketchum sounds good.

message 14: by D20 (new)

D20 | 173 comments Kellie wrote: "I haven't read any Jack Ketchum books but The Secret Life of Souls The Secret Life of Souls by Jack Ketchum sounds good."

Pre-order hardback, might be a little premature. Plot sounds interesting, but I'd vote for it if a decent priced Kindle version was available. Maybe one for a buddy read later?

message 15: by D20 (new)

D20 | 173 comments Scott wrote: "I'm Not Sam
I'm Not Sam by Jack Ketchum"

This one also sounds interesting!