Foreworld discussion

Foreworld Saga Authors > Moonlight and Darkness

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.B. Matson (new)

C.B. Matson A quick progress report: In addition to Beta reading for Mike Voss' Crux Passages, and flogging a couple of GR Groups, I've actually gotten some writing time in. Moonlight has about 17k words in three or four chapters, maybe 12% to 15% of a v. rough draft. I'm shooting for a Beta-worthy version by late June, early July... but I wouldn't place any bets on that right now.

A few teaser highlights (subject to complete revision. ha!): Gelandri is back, dour as ever, along with Stas. The old Simon can't stay buried long. He returns - wry wit intact, but tempered now by haunting visions past and future. Red Jagna is not finished with Cnan, nor is the Sky Blue Wolf. Their conflict will carry her beyond the edge of sanity, to that outer chaotic dominion of the blind idiot god ialdabaoth. Oh, oh, and she learns to swim too.

This is gonna be fun, I'll post another update when things have progressed a little farther.

Write safe, all...

(Wait, did I happen to mention Raef? Heh, heh, heh...)

message 2: by Mike, Vor Dweeb (new)

Mike Voss | 60 comments Mod
C.B. Matson wrote: "A quick progress report: In addition to Beta reading for Mike Voss' Crux Passages, and flogging a couple of GR Groups, I've actually gotten some writing time in. Moonlight has about 17k words in th..."

You, my friend, are an incorrigible tease.
You must take after me.

message 3: by C.B. Matson (new)

C.B. Matson Sooo... I did promise an update... I've hit 85k words of a projected 110k +/- and all of the above teasers have come to pass. Here are a few more:

We get another view of the secretive "Apostles of the Light" and the reason they must pursue Simon. The Apostles have enlisted fair Thetis, immortal mother of Achilles (just to channel my inner Dan Simmons), but whose side will she take? I'm not sure yet myself.

Gelandri has reconnected with Berker and Ayfer, along with --wait for it-- Jogdei Khan. Yeah, it's likely... no, it's inevitable if they're hunting Raef, you'll see. Meanwhile Cnan has fallen in with an unsavory (in every sense of the word) group and loosed Red Jagna on the world.

"Moonlight" has a fairly long denouement, and I've already written the ending. Over the next month or two I'll be working on the Grand Kablooie. Think "Tower of Babel" meets "Revelations of John the Apostle" with a little action thrown in to keep it amusing...

message 4: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Sounds like a fun complex read!

message 5: by C.B. Matson (new)

C.B. Matson Didn't get my 10k words in last month... fam over for most of Easter week, but really no good excuses (Oohh! Look! Barbecued salami stix on Pinterest...). However, the Grand Kablooie has commenced... Watch the Skys!

message 6: by Mike, Vor Dweeb (new)

Mike Voss | 60 comments Mod
Thx for the update, Chris.
Unfortunately work and an illness back in Feb kept me from CruxP.
Then a week ago Sat went to the er in renal failure and still in hospital with a diagnosis of diabetes insipidus, very rare. Also newly diabetic with type II, and hypertension to boot.
Not so happy days but I feel good. Good and betrayed by my body :-)
Looking forward to M & D!