What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > a 90's teenage/kids book about subliminal messages on TV

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (new)

Nik | 1 comments Read the book in the 90's once as a kid and really don't remember much about the storyline now. Maybe someone else here has read it and might remember the name or author as it's quite a unique book.

I remember it being about a group of kids who go off to some sort of ski resort and end up finding out theres a secret agenda to brainwash people etc - briefly remember a part in the book where they sit down and watch an advert and describe in detail pausing it and seeing subliminal messages. I'm guessing the book may have been about the kids trying to find a way to stop it.

It had an interesting and detailed illustrated cover, not unlike the covers of Terry Pratchett's books but I doubt it was one of his books.

Cara's Craftsations | 1676 comments I think your post is in the wrong section. You want unsolved.

message 3: by Kris (last edited Oct 17, 2016 06:56PM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Nik, I moved your request to the Unsolved folder (as C suggested) because you're looking for a specific book. (I deleted the duplicate post.)

What's the location - U.S./England/country?

message 4: by Trillian (new)

Trillian | 77 comments Could it be one of the Demon Headmaster series? It's not the first, but I can't remember what happened in the sequels. I'm pretty sure he attempted to hypnotise people through television and computer games at some point.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Nik, are you still looking for this or did you find it?