New Adult Book Club discussion

When We're Entwined (When We're Entwined #1)
This topic is about When We're Entwined
Archived Read it Review it 2016 > #128/16 ~ When We’re Entwined by Jody A. Kessler

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Derna (last edited Dec 21, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

Derna | 5351 comments Mod
#128/16
Title: When We’re Entwined
Author: Jody A. Kessler
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Heat level: Moderate
Formats ~ Mobi, Epub, Pdf
Copies ~ 25 ( Sent out by NABC)
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

*The author would like to let readers know that it was suggested that she add a content/trigger warning for domestic abuse and violence. This is certainly not the focus of the novel, but there are a couple of disturbing scenes

Synopsis

“Do not judge me for where I stand today, until you know how far I’ve traveled to get here.” — J. Pyrah, When We’re Entwined

Former circus performer and aerial gymnast, Tara knows it’s time to move on. Tired of the constant abuse and the emotional rollercoaster ride at home, she takes to the road to perform on stage with her boyfriend and his band, Paradox 21.

Drunken excursions and late night after-parties lead to an unfathomable betrayal by her boyfriend, Keel. Tara never imagined her summer tour would come to an abrupt end that lands her jobless, homeless, and broke in a city far from home. Unable to reach out to her emotionally distant and unstable mother and her abusive stepfather, a knight disguised as a homeless man gives Tara new perspective. And a punk named Corban, with his gemstone inspired eyes, takes her on a spontaneous road trip that ultimately lands her a job with the traveling sideshow, The Circus of Misfit Marvels.

As Tara searches for a freedom she has never known, she documents her journey by writing her most embarrassing, profound, excruciating, and soul-searching moments in letters to her sister. Despite heartache, love and loss, Tara finds immeasurable strength and wisdom during her travels in this unforgettable adventure of self-discovery.

“When We’re Entwined is a gripping, emotional modern-day adventure with a glimpse of alternative lifestyles in America as one vibrant, young aerial gymnast realizes cruelty and injustice can be outweighed by kindness, humor, and compassion with the help of a most unlikely and wildly colorful cast of characters.”

If you are looking for a content/trigger warning, here it is:
This novel contains adult language and mature scenes including sex and violence.
In the author's humble opinion - these scenes are not overly graphic and are not the focus of the novel -- but they might be disturbing to some readers.

TO SIGN UP please leave your email and what format you'd like. Please don't forget to post the link to your review in this thread. If you cannot finish this book for whatever reason, please let us know so we can remove your name from THE LIST. Thank You.

Reviewers

1, Sam a.k.a Rory ~ sam.rory.vega@gmail.com Epub
2, Karin ~ zeljaouhari@aol.com ePub
3, Tuha Nour ~ matar_nour@yahoo.com Pdf
4, Dee ~ dprice1218@gmail.com epub
5, M ~ mafalda.verde.teixeira@hotmail.com epub
6, Karen karen.potgieter31@gmail.com epub
7, Svetoslava ~ svetoslavka1@gmail.com mobi
8, Natasha ~ natashacarver@hotmail.co.uk epub
9, Lisa ~ prittivacant@gmail.com epub
10, Felicia ~ phoenix.fj@gmail.com mobi
11, Sam~ samanthadw108@yahoo.com epub
12, Paola ~ paolajoananina@gmail.com pdf

13, Bailey BaileyRothermel@gmail.com epub
14, Hayley ~ hwhitehouse@email.com Mobi

Sam a.k.a Rory Hello! I'd like to try this one out :). I would need an epub and my email address is sam.rory.vega@gmail.com

Karin | 202 comments I would love to review this. My email address is zeljaouhari@aol.com. I would prefer ePub please

message 4: by Tuha (new)

Tuha Nour | 1 comments Hi ! I'd love to review this book. My email adress is matar_nour@yahoo.com and I would prefer a Pdf if that possible.

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dee Price (dprice1218) | 213 comments ePub please to dprice1218@gmail.com Thanks!

message 6: by M (last edited Oct 17, 2016 01:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

M (mafaldavt) | 63 comments I'd love to review this book. My email is mafalda.verde.teixeira@hotmail.com and my prefered format is ePub. Thanks!

message 7: by Derna (new)

I have just sent copies out to members whose names have been added to the list. Please remember that you have until 7th November (3 weeks) in which to read and review this book, and post your review here. Any problems just let me know. Enjoy!

Karen | 8 comments I would love to review this. My email address is karen.potgieter31@gmail.com Thank you

message 9: by Derna (new)

Karen wrote: "I would love to review this. My email address is karen.potgieter31@gmail.com Thank you"

What format would you like?

Karen | 8 comments Epub please

message 11: by Svetoslava (last edited Oct 18, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Svetoslava Klaturova | 9 comments svetoslavka1@gmail.com mobi please
thank you

message 12: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 13 comments Yes please natashacarver@hotmail.co.uk epub please xx

message 13: by Derna (new)

Karen wrote: "Epub please"

Sent

message 14: by Derna (new)

Svetoslava wrote: "svetoslavka1@gmail.com mobi please
thank you"

Sent

message 15: by Derna (new)

Natasha wrote: "Yes please natashacarver@hotmail.co.uk epub please xx"

Sent

Paola Joli (paolajoli) | 10 comments paolajoananina@gmail.com

message 17: by Derna (new)

Paola wrote: "paolajoananina@gmail.com"

What format would you like?

message 18: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa (prettyvacant) Epub for review please to prittivacant@gmail.com

message 19: by Kat J (last edited Oct 19, 2016 12:46AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat J (katjphoenix) | 378 comments Mod
Could I review this book? I would need a mobi file and my email is phoenix.fj@gmail.com
Many thanks.

message 20: by Derna (new)

Lisa wrote: "Epub for review please to prittivacant@gmail.com"

Sent

message 21: by Derna (new)

Felicia wrote: "Could I review this book? I would need a mobi file and my email is phoenix.fj@gmail.com
Many thanks."

Sent

message 22: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam | 2 comments epub please to samanthadw108@yahoo.com

Paola Joli (paolajoli) | 10 comments I would like a physical book if that's possible paolajoananina@gmail.com

Paola Joli (paolajoli) | 10 comments I meant PDF sorry

Bailey Rothermel | 12 comments epub to BaileyRothermel@gmail.com please!
this one sounds so interesting!

message 26: by Derna (new)

Sam wrote: "epub please to samanthadw108@yahoo.com"

Sent

message 27: by Derna (new)

Bailey wrote: "epub to BaileyRothermel@gmail.com please!
this one sounds so interesting!"

Sent

message 28: by Derna (new)

Paola wrote: "I meant PDF sorry"

Sent

Kat J (katjphoenix) | 378 comments Mod
thanks for the opportunity to read this book. My review can be found here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 30: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Whitehouse | 13 comments Mobi please hwhitehouse@email.com

Bailey Rothermel | 12 comments This was such a joy, thank you for sharing! Here is my review:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 33: by Dee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dee Price (dprice1218) | 213 comments Here is my review. Thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 35: by Derna (new)

Hayley wrote: "Mobi please hwhitehouse@email.com"

Sent

message 36: by Derna (new)

REVIEWS NOW DUE!

Sam a.k.a Rory Sorry for being this late -_-. Here is my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...