Black Coffee discussion

Book Buzz > Americanah to be a film

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (new)

kisha | 3902 comments Mod
So know this isn't news to real book to film adaptation lovers but for me this was news. So Americanah the film is due to be released (tba). So the oh so beautiful and talented Lupita Nyong'o will be playing Ifemelu as well as producing the film with Brad Pitt. I believe I read that Pitt will be playing Curt (I'll have to confirm that one). David Oyelowo is to play Obinze.

I'm really excited about this film. I'm currently reading it now and I wish that I had did a buddy read with someone in this group. I am reading it with a friend of mine but there is nothing like reading with my group members! I'm so in love with this book. Is anyone as excited about me to see this in film adaptation? The movie for Half of a Yellow Sun was a bust as far as I was concerned but hopefully it will not be the same for Americanah considering it's producers.

message 2: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 795 comments I enjoyed the book. it will be interesting to see that as a movie.

I agree, half of a yellow sun was a bust.

message 3: by A.D. (new)

A.D. Koboah (adkoboah) | 261 comments I loved the book, I can't wait to see the film:-)

message 4: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (goodreadscomtrudyspages) | 409 comments I loved this book! Can't wait to see the movie. Lupita will be perfect!

message 5: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

Lulu (lulureads365) | 2448 comments Mod
yay!

message 6: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (new)

kisha | 3902 comments Mod
Here is a link to an interview she did I think a couple of years ago. It helped me understand why she wrote this book with such heavy handed racial and cultural opinions and stereotypes.
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/201...

message 7: by Lee (new)

Lee | 708 comments Thanks! I loved the book!

Dosha (Bluestocking7) Beard (bluestocking7) | 3115 comments I'm glad to know this I have the book so I need to hurry up and read it before the movie comes out. Thanks for the heads up.