What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Dystopian book about rebel girl forced to marry her enemies king for peace.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alice (new)

Alice Carter | 2 comments Some girl roughly 19 yrs of age is part of this rebellion against a king who had bombed her people, although after years of hiding they are losing supplies and are slowly dying. For a last attempt of survival, they decide to make peace with this king. So they send this chick to basiclly marry her off to the king as to help persuade him into leaving her people alone. She has no idea and gets all pissy when she finds out. She hates this guy and she isn't afraid to say it. She has a temper and is pretty badass. I think she's got a scar on her face or something and the king takes like this medicines tuff that prevents him from aging.

message 2: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 873 comments Sounds a little like Bloodtide by Melvin Burgess?

message 3: by Alice (new)

Alice Carter | 2 comments No I don't think that's the one, thanks though anyway!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
What year did you read it? Paper book, ebook, other format? Remember the cover? Author female or male? Series or standalone?

message 5: by Js700 (new)

Js700 | 107 comments ugh I hated this book!

I can't remember the title, but I remember:

There are three books in the series. It's an ebook with a female protagonist on the cover. Came out fairly recently.

She is part of the rebel forces, her dad is the ambassador to the evil empire guy who is immortal and doesn't die because of that potion he drinks. She is supposed to sleep with him to get favors for the rebels (medicine, etc). Then she falls in love with him (despite the fact he is an evil asshole). Her dad ends up getting killed, but she forgives the bad emperor guy anyway because he's nice underneath it all (yeah, right). And then she gets injured and gets put in this sleep until they can cure her, but a huge amount of time goes by in the interim. She's very confused about her loyalties throughout the whole series. And it is so problematic morally because she falls in love WITH THE EVIL GUY WHO KILLS PEOPLE INDISCRIMINATELY BECAUSE HE CAN (but it's OK, really, because he does it out of love).

Oh and it was a kindle unlimited book.

I know my rage is unhelpful, but I will try and remember the title! Hope these extra details help in the meantime

message 6: by Js700 (new)

Js700 | 107 comments Found it!

(but really, save yourself the trouble!)

The Queen of All that Dies

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Alice, was that your book suggested @6 or are you still looking?