Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Alternative cover

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet (new)

Janet | 242 comments Please could someone upload a new cover to the edition of Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whilstle Stop Cafe with the ISBN 9780099143710?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

I have scanned my copy and uploaded the picture to my profile.

Thanks in advance. :)

message 2: by Codex (last edited Oct 17, 2016 12:44AM) (new)

Codex | 3401 comments Has this new cover been published? If yes, please provide a link to the publisher.

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet | 242 comments This isn't a new cover. This edition was published in 1992. I've looked on the Vintage (Penguin) website but I can only see the current cover on there...

message 4: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments That’s the problem. To avoid blindly creating alternate cover editions, we at least need some confirmation that a new cover has been published.

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet | 242 comments I have provided quite a lot of info to help make Goodreads' database as accurate as possible over the years so I am a bit disappointed at the veiled accusation that I am lying.

However, in the spirit of wanting to make Goodreads as accurate as possible I have uploaded a picture to my profile of me holding the book, which I hope will help to persuade you that the book really does exist. :)

I just want to be able to add the cover that matches what I am reading!

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Codex wrote: "Has this new cover been published? If yes, please provide a link to the publisher."

If Janet has scanned her own copy we can be fairly sure it is an existing edition :)

message 7: by Janet (new)

Janet | 242 comments Sorry - I shouldn't have sounded so grumpy in my last reply! :)

message 8: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Don't call that grumpy. I can be much worse :)

There already was an alternative cover edition for this ISBN: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

— I was going to ask you if the differences in the yellow lettering were just a scanning issue, but I now see that that cover doesn't have 'Vintage' in the bottom-right-hand corner. Another ACE coming up :)

message 9: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments ACE added: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
and both cross-linked with the 2012 edition.

Is the page count 404, or 403?

message 10: by Janet (new)

Janet | 242 comments Thanks!

The lack of 'Vintage' in the bottom right-hand corner is such a subtle difference I probably wouldn't have noticed!

So, just to be totally clear:

ISBN 9780099143710
from inside book: First published in the United Kingdom by Random House inc 1987. Vintage edition 1992
Number of Pages: 404

Do you need any other info? :)

message 11: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments No, I think it's complete now! :)

message 12: by Janet (new)

Janet | 242 comments Many thanks. :)