What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult novel about a young shamed Irish woman who becomes a business leader in Australia

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by lisa (new)

lisa (dirtthrower) | 1 comments Hi - memory problem, and want to pass on this interesting read - and read again. . The young woman becomes pregnant and is sent to live in a 'fallen girls' home by her parents near the coast. Father of the child is well-to-do, and makes promises he doesn't keep. She takes a boat to Australia where the man (I believe) was to join her. He marries another. She goes to live with a woman, and is shamed... do not remember the details, but she raises a sweet daughter and she's a good mother. She finds a way to work at and then purchase a ranch, and despite the scorn of the townspeople, she saves the ranch and is a success business-wise. The man comes back and wants to take the child. I don't recall how it ends, but I do believe that the strong woman wins. Thanks for your help.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4892 comments Lisa, do you remember how many years ago you read this?

Time period story takes place?
Part of a series?
Anything about the cover?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37834 comments Mod
Lisa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?