Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading October 17?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2051 comments Mod
I'm on a Sierra Riley book binge(M/M)- this week I'm reading From The Ashes, Delicious, and Comfort Food.

message 2: by Stacey is Sassy (last edited Oct 16, 2016 09:14PM) (new)

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1228 comments I'm currently reading Steadfast and then I will be reading an ARC of Punk 57. Two YA's in a week, I don't know what I was thinking. Then hopefully I will be able to get to Do You Want to Start a Scandal. Lots of good books out there at the moment. :-) ♥

message 3: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I'm rereading Mary Balogh's Someone to Love to refresh my memory before writing a review. Next up are ARCs of two highly anticipated January releases. I'm also pulling out my copy of Elswyth Thane's Tryst, my favorite ghost story, for a Halloween read. I do not understand why Thane's books have not been released in digital format. I'd buy a dozen of them with my fastest one-click if they were.

message 4: by Irisheyes (last edited Oct 17, 2016 08:19PM) (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments I really liked STEADFAST, Stacey. I can't wait for KEEPSAKE.

A new Balogh, Janga?! Very exciting. I'm still in awe that she's already knee deep in a new series while barely finishing the last one! She amazes me.

I decided to dive into the BEAUTIFUL BASTARD series by Christina Lauren. I like it. There's just a lot of sex. LOL I'm not a prude and I love a good sexy read. I just think I'm getting kind of bored with it. I find myself skimming over a lot of the sex scenes to get to the actual relationship stuff. I do love the bromances between the guys. Bennett, Max and Will are fun.

I'm also super psyched that I woke up this morning to the new Christmas novella by Karina Bliss on my Kindle. It's in the anthology You Had Me at Christmas.

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1228 comments Irisheyes wrote: "I really liked STEADFAST, Stacey. I can't wait for KEEPSAKE.

A new Balogh, Janga?! Very exciting. I'm still in awe that she's already knee deep in a new series while barely finishing the last one..."

I was reading Steadfast for a little while this morning and I was blubbering my eyes out. What that poor guy has been through and what he blames himself for guts me. I'm at 75% and loving it. :-) ♥

message 6: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1885 comments Mod
There are still too many of my old favorites who haven't made it into digital, Janga. As I replace my paper keepers with digital, publishers are missing out on a lot of money!

Irish, the Beautiful series is a LOT sexier than the other Christina Laurens. My favorite is still Beautiful Player, Will and Hannah's book. But I enjoy the camaraderie between the guys too. And there's some overlap between that series and the Wild Seasons with Beautiful Secret and the latest, last, Beautiful. I haven't read the last one yet, but I'm going to be sad to leave those characters.

Stacey, Steadfast wrecked me too. I didn't expect to love it as much as I did, but it really got to me. Glad you're enjoying it!

message 7: by Janice (new)

Janice | 30 comments Manda wrote: "There are still too many of my old favorites who haven't made it into digital, Janga. As I replace my paper keepers with digital, publishers are missing out on a lot of money!

Irish, the Beautiful..."

Manda, I'm a huge fan of Christina Lauren's Beautiful series too. But I love the Wild Seasons the very best. I'm currently reading Beautiful. I'll let you know if I like it as well as the others.

message 8: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1137 comments I just read the Puzzler lol
Was brilliant fun!!!

I still haven't read Kate Daniels number 9! I think I'm subconsciously nervous that it won't be good!??
Or I don't want it to end? Haha

I agree with Janga and Manda! So many titles I want to re-read but the paper version is in South Africa and I can't get the digital version!

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I'm reading the new Sherry Thomas book: A Study in Scarlet Women - I'm 10% in and so far it's really good! I've been excited since I read she is starting a new series

message 10: by Manda (last edited Oct 18, 2016 05:58PM) (new)

Thanks, Janice!

Rachel, I'm looking forward to A Study in Scarlet Women! Let us know what you think!

Isn't it frustrating when the publishibg world won't do our bidding, Leigh-Ayn?

message 11: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1137 comments OOH Rachel let me know how you go! Its on my TBR pile.

Oh my Manda you have no idea how frustrated I get! Especially when there are some titles you can't get in Australia!!!!! but I can see you can get it in the states! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

message 12: by Ana (new)

Ana Karollyne | 2 comments Does anyone have a book to recommend me??? I really love the historic ones like the Bridgertons series.

Ps.: please, forgive my English! I'm Brazilian and just moved in to US! I'm still learning!

message 13: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
Ana wrote: "Does anyone have a book to recommend me??? I really love the historic ones like the Bridgertons series.

Ps.: please, forgive my English! I'm Brazilian and just moved in to US! I'm still learning!"

Ana, many Julia Quinn fans are also Eloisa James readers. Have you read EJ's Essex Sisters or her Desperate Duchesses series? Tessa Dare is another "like JQ" author you might enjoy.

message 14: by Manda (new)

Welcome, Ana! So happy you're here!

Janga has made some great suggestions. I agree with her that Tessa Dare and Eloisa James would work. You could begin reading Eloisa with Much Ado About You--the Essex Sisters Quartet is a good place to start with her.

You might also try some of these:

Amanda Quick
Mary Balogh
Julie Anne Long
Anne Gracie

message 15: by Ana (new)

Ana Karollyne | 2 comments Thank you so much for the suggestions, Manda and Janga! I'll certainly read them. I'll start with Eloise and I'll let you know how it goes!

Ps. I love Mary Balogh's books!

message 16: by Manda (new)

Ana wrote: "Thank you so much for the suggestions, Manda and Janga! I'll certainly read them. I'll start with Eloise and I'll let you know how it goes!

Ps. I love Mary Balogh's books!"

You're definitely one of us, then!

message 17: by Manda (new)

Finished Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren last night. It wasn’t my favorite of the series but it was a solid read. I liked seeing the gang all back together. Do i wish us mortals could afford to drop everything and move to another country on a whim? Yes. Yes I do.