2017 Archives > 2017 Charlene Diane Jones, Non-Fiction Author Showcase

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 369 comments Mod

Charlene Diane Jones

Charlene Diane Jones

Medicine Buddha/Medicine Mind

Want to know more about how your brain works? Want to learn to work with your mind, instead of against it? Ever wonder about those images from dreams, from when you read a really good book or just from daydreaming?
In this book the seams between our experience of mental visualizations (for example the Tibetan icon Medicine Buddha) and what the latest in Neuroscience has to say about images are joined in easy to read, simple to understand language.

Excerpt:

"Comprised of billions of neurons or brain cells, our brains light up with tiny electrical charges when the neurons connect. For example, neurons connect when we perform an action. As we perform the same action repetitively the circuits of those connecting neurons grow larger. As those circuits grow larger it becomes increasingly natural and increasingly easy to repeat the action associated. These circuits may be measured on fMRI machines, functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging machines."

message 2: by A.F. (last edited Feb 22, 2017 06:57AM) (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 369 comments Mod
Comment reposted by Moderator

Irene Allison said:

Hello Charlene,

Your book sounds so very interesting! And I'm thrilled to be part of the Memoir Author Showcase with you!

Feeling grateful!
And wishing you all the very best!
Irene

message 3: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (goodreadscomuser_amarama) Irene: So happy as always to have connection with you, here and elsewhere...your own book Stay, Breathe with Me is so unusual...a recitative of the last passages of many people told with such grace and honour for those passing...well done!

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Burch (mcburch) | 14 comments Thank you Charlene for making all of THIS POSSIBLE!

Quantum science and medicine are catching up with what spiritual teachings have known for eons! "Medicine Buddha/Medicine Mind" has an enlightening view on this subject.

message 5: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (goodreadscomuser_amarama) Thank you Melissa Burch for contributing so much to this fabulous event...and to putting yourself on the line by living true to your most authentic self!!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Burch (mcburch) | 14 comments I can't believe I'm juggling two events this weekend... The Turkey Land Cove Foundation (https://www.turkeylandcovefoundation....) is hosting a conference. If you don't know about them, it's a residency for women. They love writers too! You would be a great candidate for their retreats.

message 7: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (goodreadscomuser_amarama) Thank you so much Melissa for this interesting information...I'm going to check it out...I hope you're enjoying juggling!!

Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Medicine Buddha/Medicine Mind (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Charlene Diane Jones (other topics)
Irene Allison (other topics)