David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Chit Chat > Discover Your Patronus!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I think probably a lot of you have seen this by now, but Pottermore has a new feature where you can discover your Patronus! Its a really cool one. It is a timed quiz and you can only do it once, so make sure you can devote to the task before starting (it only takes a few minutes.)

https://www.pottermore.com/

I got a Dolphin! So cool :) Here's the video of mine if you'd like to see:
https://youtu.be/Wi9jw7ClDak

What did you all get?

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jenny wrote: "I think probably a lot of you have seen this by now, but Pottermore has a new feature where you can discover your Patronus! Its a really cool one. It is a timed quiz and you can only do it once, so..."

I got West Highland Terrier. :)

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
I got a Magpie!! :)

message 4: by Victoria (last edited Oct 16, 2016 08:27PM) (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4469 comments I got a Bassett Hound.

I'm a Ravenclaw with a puppy patronus.

I want a puppy!! ;-D

message 6: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4469 comments Karen wrote: "I want a puppy!! ;-D"

Nothing wrong with a magpie...

Although, I do like having a puppy patronus. Shame it's a Bassett Hound rather than a Westie, but Bassett Hounds are cute and lovable, so I don't mind.

I saw on her Twitter feed that Evanna Lynch (I think that's how her name is spelled... The actress who plays Luna) got a salmon patronus.

Too funny! I know another person who got a salmon.

From the dictionary:
Magpies are considered one of the most intelligent animals in the world, and the only non-mammal species able to recognize itself in a mirror test.

That works for me! ;)

message 8: by Aliza (new)

Aliza (alizaf) | 111 comments I got a stoat

message 9: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Aliza wrote: "I got a stoat"

That's kind of a cool one, Aliza! I'd never heard of those before, had to look it up!

message 10: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4469 comments Karen wrote: "Too funny! I know another person who got a salmon.

From the dictionary:
Magpies are considered one of the most intelligent animals in the world, and the only non-mammal species able to recognize i..."

*two thumbs up*

Rham (Reads and Wanders) (rhamichu) | 115 comments I got a black swan! :D

message 12: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Rham (Reads and Wanders) wrote: "I got a black swan! :D"

That's a really cool one!

message 13: by Elora (last edited Oct 18, 2016 07:11AM) (new)

Elora Mitchell | 449 comments Mine's a robin. :)

message 14: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Elora wrote: "Mine's a robin. :)"

Nice!

message 15: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4469 comments Looks like everyone got pretty cool patronuses so far...

message 16: by Elora (new)

Elora Mitchell | 449 comments I'm really impressed that there are so many! Although I shouldn't be, it is Harry Potter after all!

message 17: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 310 comments I got Nebulung Cat? Idk what that is lol. It froze on me and when I tried to restart it it said I had already gotten that.

message 18: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 310 comments Apparently it's a rarer breed of a long haired cat. It's name means creature of the mist

message 19: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4469 comments Elora wrote: "I'm really impressed that there are so many! Although I shouldn't be, it is Harry Potter after all!"

Yeah, I agree... It is impressive that they have so many.

message 20: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4469 comments ☆Joycedale☆ wrote: "Apparently it's a rarer breed of a long haired cat. It's name means creature of the mist"

I thought it was some kind of cat breed, but wasn't sure on more than that. I was about to go Google it when I saw your comment. Anyway, that's cool... Both the creature itself, and the meaning of its name.

These are great! Love this!