A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) A Court of Mist and Fury discussion

What to read while you wait for the next book in "A Court of Thorns and Roses" to come out.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amber Holland Major book withdraws! Any recommendations for what to read next? I loved everything about this book, the action, the flirting, the twist and all the characters. I need a good one to follow this series! I love a book with a strong alpha male and a lot of flirty behavior. Angst is always good!

Melika six of crows

Melika have you read the throne of glass series?

Amber Holland Decided to go with the Throne of Glass series. I'm about 90% through the first book. I like it, I wish there was a bit more romance but I do like it. I saw the Six Crow's series and added it to my list. Any more recommendations?

message 5: by Melika (last edited Oct 18, 2016 02:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melika The Maria V. Snyder books are a good read although they arent for everybody- i recommend reading them after the throne of glass series because one of the books- cant remember, she written quite a few - is quite like throne of glass. Also dont worry about romance in throne of glass the first book is VERY tame compared to all the other books in the series

Amber Holland Good to know! I just finished the book and I did like it but would like a bit more romance. I'm going to continue with them. I had stepped away from paranormal/fantasy books for a while but I'm back on them! I love recommendations!

message 7: by Maryanne (new) - added it

Maryanne Lewis Jennifer L. Armentrout is a really good author. I love her 'Half-Blood' series, and thought it was AMAZING! and her other books are pretty good as well.
Also, if you're into romance, the 'Sweet Evil' series, by Wendy Higgins, is good too.

Solaris Just some options:
An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
and her second book in that series A Torch Against the Night It's very intense, has fantasy, has romance, and did I mention intense? It's violent and well-written, and I for one enjoyed it. :)

And maybe The Glittering Court by Rochelle Mead. Give it a few pages and it will unexpectedly surprise you.

Good luck, and if you have any suggestions yourself for the rest of us, I'd be glad to pass the time in a good yummy romantic page-turner. Honestly I'm more NA than YA, but if it's a well-written book with a good romance and adventure, I'm in!!! ^_^

Lisa If you feel like another "Beauty and the Beast" story like ACOTAR here's two recommendations for you:
- "Cruel Beauty" by Rosamund Hodge which kind of features some Roman/Greek mythology, considering that ACOMAF has some elements of Hades and Persephone in it, it will have a similar vibe to it.., plus it's also quite mystical and dark which is awesome as I think

- "Of Beast and Beauty" by Stacey Jay, which I am currently reading, is such a cute love story featuring two very special protagonists that will grab you and keep you reading, but also has amazing fantasy elements in it

Solaris Putting those on my to-read list. :)

Amber Holland I've been so caught up with the "Throne of Glass" series I haven't been on this thread in a while! So many great recommendations, thanks! I have only one book left in this series before I start diving into the other books mentioned.

I've been reading more modern romance in recent years so I don't have any good fantasy book recommendations to share.

Thanks again and keep them coming!!

message 12: by Maryanne (new) - added it

Maryanne Lewis They're a very different format, and take a bit of getting used to, but Illuminae, and it's sequel, Gemina, are absolutely amazing.
Co-authored by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. They're so good!