Authors > Need beta reader for 5K word short story, dark literary fiction

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam Fout | 7 comments Genre: Dark literary Fiction
Word Count: 5,000ish
No sex scenes
Level of violence: Very low
Possible triggers: Explicit, numerous scenes of drug use, including intravenous use
Number of beta readers I want: 2-4, but I'll take what I can get :)

So as per the post about rules and such, I'll keep the synopsis off here, though I'm happy to email you an excerpt.

I'll just say this: There's a girl, she does drugs, and it's problematic :P

So I hope I'm doing this right, but anyways, I have a short story I'd like a few beta readers for.

I'm looking for someone who will evaluate my characters, my plot, and the flow of the story. Basically, if there are pacing issues, or the characters don't come across as "real," or the plot seems strange/doesn't make sense, or the whole thing is totally wrecked, I'd like to know. Any/all feedback is appreciated.

Since it's a fairly short story (ha), I was hoping to get feedback in 1–2 weeks, but 3–4 weeks is fine just fine.

Please send me a message if you're able to help!

P.S. I'm not looking for paid beta reading services at this time.

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna  | 11 comments Adam, I have been beta reading for quite a while. I also have some knowkedge on the subject. I would be interested in reading for you. I just have a question or two. If you are interested in me beta reading for you contact me @ dhoffman1964@gmail.com. Respectfully, Donna

message 3: by Adam (new)

Adam Fout | 7 comments Thanks Donna! I sent you an email.

message 4: by Kathy (last edited Oct 17, 2016 08:57PM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 296 comments Mod
Donna wrote: "Adam, I have been beta reading for quite a while. I also have some knowkedge on the subject. I would be interested in reading for you. I just have a question or two. If you are interested in me bet..."

Donna, are you offering to betaread for free?

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna  | 11 comments Kathy wrote: "Donna wrote: "Adam, I have been beta reading for quite a while. I also have some knowkedge on the subject. I would be interested in reading for you. I just have a question or two. If you are intere..."

Yes Kathy, I m reading for free @ this time.

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 296 comments Mod
Donna wrote: "Kathy wrote: "Donna wrote: "Adam, I have been beta reading for quite a while. I also have some knowkedge on the subject. I would be interested in reading for you. I just have a question or two. If ..."

Thanks for letting me know.

Roughseasinthemed | 27 comments I don't mind having a look. As it's a free beta, feedback will be pretty minimalist though, ie no more than a page.

If you are still interested: roughseasinthemed@gmail.com

message 8: by Adam (new)

Adam Fout | 7 comments That's fine, thank you! I'll send you an email.

Roughseasinthemed | 27 comments Adam wrote: "That's fine, thank you! I'll send you an email."

Thanks Adam. Catch up over the next couple of days re feedback :)

message 10: by Sahara (new)

Sahara Mozaffarimehr | 3 comments Hello Adam,

I am new to beta reading, but if you're still looking for more I'd love to read it. Feel free to send me an email: mozaffas@gmail.com

Best,

Sahara

Roughseasinthemed | 27 comments Hi Adam, I've sent you an email with a word doc as feedback.

message 12: by Adam (new)

Adam Fout | 7 comments Got it, thank you, and thanks for the great feedback!

message 13: by Adam (new)

Adam Fout | 7 comments Thanks Sahara, I'll send you an email!

message 14: by Adam (new)

Adam Fout | 7 comments Thanks Manasa! It's actually a short story, but I'll send you an email and explain.