NPL's Nordic Crime Online Book Club discussion

Last Rituals by Yrsa Sigurdardottir

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 67 comments Hi everyone. I hope you are all enjoying Last Rituals by Yrsa Sigurdardottir. Quite a different read from last month's The Redbreast. I will be posting discussion questions on October 25th. Looking forward to reading everyone's posts.

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 24 comments Hi Katherine and fellow readers:

I am partially through the book. It will be interesting to touch base with fellow club readers for their comments.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen | 9 comments It was definitely a different read! Would you say that Last Rituals was more typical of Nordic Crime than The Redbreast?

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 67 comments Last Rituals is more typical of Nordic Crime than The Redbreast, but Last Rituals also includes elements of horror. Guess there are often elements of other genres in Nordic Crime which we will see as we go through more books.

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 24 comments I have "given up" on the book. I have a very difficult time reading stories involving witchcraft, fantasy, etc. Consequently I managed to get about half-way through but then decided I just couldn't read any more as I kept fighting with myself to concentrate.

I do hope others enjoyed the story. I look forward to the discussions on book 3, which I have already read (prior to the Book Club).

message 6: by Kathryn (last edited Oct 25, 2016 09:48AM) (new)

Kathryn | 67 comments Glad you stopped reading Barbara. Just not worth it if you don't like books about witchcraft, etc. I am also looking forward to book 3 which I also read prior to book club.

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 24 comments Kathryn wrote: "Glad you stopped reading Barbara. Just not worth it if you don't like books about witchcraft, etc. I am also looking forward to book 3 which I also read prior to book club."

Thank you, Kathryn.