✧ Wᴀʀʀɪᴏʀs ✧ discussion

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) .

message 2: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) Silverjay kept low, careful to keep her ears and tail under the grasses. A small hare was sniffing around in front of her, sitting on top of flattened grasses. Not making a sound, she took a step forward, eyes hardly blinking. The hare was young, but not too young, so it would provide quite a chase if it spotted her and bolted.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments Skyfang's nose twitched, tingling with a pleasant scent. Sniffing the air to get a better feeling, he almost instantly recognized the scent of hare. The tom dove into the grass and feeling no breeze, crept forward in the direction of his potential prey.

message 4: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) Silverjay was practically nose to nose with the hare now, and licked her lips - she could taste it already. She tensed her muscles, ready to jump when - she heard something. Or, did she? No, focus on the hare. She tensed her muscles, getting ready to spring.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments Skyfang made sure once more he was in a proper pouncing position. As he tensed his muscles, ready to pounce, he heard something from in front of the hare. He shook his head, thinking nothing of it and crouched once more.

message 6: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) With a yowl of triumph, Silverjay leapt for the hare, claws outstretched. But, when she was mid-air, she noticed something. Or, somecat. But it was too late, and she'd been distracted. When she came crashing back down to earth, the hare had bolted and was no where to be seen.

message 7: by Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (last edited Oct 16, 2016 06:29PM) (new)

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments Skyfang's head bolted up as the hare dashed off. "Fox dung!" he hissed, crouching back to the ground. "When I find out who scared that hare away, I'll gut them with my claws!"

message 8: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) Silverjay looked up, and finally saw the other cat clearly. It was Skyfang, another warrior of WindClan. She sat up, twitching her ears in annoyment. "Excuse me? If you hadn't been there, I'd have caught that hare."

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments Skyfang cringed and bowed his head, realizing he threatened to gut a member of his Clan. "My apologies. I had no idea you were out here hunting too, i swear. I was hunting the same hare you were."

message 10: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) Silverjay relaxed at his apology, and bowed her head as well. "It's okay... why don't we see if we can go catch another one somewhere else?" She was still slightly ruffled inside, though, after all, it was Skyfang. The young tom had already caught her eye a few times... Silverjay shook her head. Focus, Silverjay. she thought sternly.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments Skyfang's heart skipped a beat when he realized it was Silverjay he was talking to. Forming an awkward smile, he said, "I would love to look for more hares. Two noses will find more faster, after all."

message 12: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) Silverjay nodded, suddenly feeling awkward. "Then, um, where to, then?" she asked, immediately wincing at herself. She flattened her fur a bit and turned back around to Skyfang, using the moment or two to collect herself again. His eyes were just a little bit distracting.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments "Um...the moor?" Skyfang suggested, grinning awkwardly. He wasn't sure what exactly Silvejay meant in her question. The entire WindClan territory consisted of moors.

message 14: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) Silverjay rolled her eyes. "I meant where, like, the dead tree? Outlook Rock?" She tried not to notice how the dying sun hit his fur and outlined every hair on his pelt. She shook her head again, and realized she'd forgotten entirely what they had been talking about. This happened too much. She'd begun avoiding Skyfang, she went all dumb around him and could hardly talk sometimes - but she kept running into the cat... and for some reason she didn't mind so much.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments "We can hunt wherever you want," Skyfang answered. He gave a quick answer so he could return to Silverjay. She was so beautiful in every way. The breeze made her look fluffy and she smelled appealing to him. She should've considered herself lucky she was a cat and not prey, or else Skyfang would've eaten her up.

message 16: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) Silverjay suddenly realized she'd been staring at Skyfang, and looked away quickly. "Um, right," she muttered, not looking straight at him. "So.. let's just go try find something around here..." Embarrassed, she started padding in a random direction, and continued muttering to herself under her breath. "Stupid cat, stop it. Stop it."

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments Skyfang tilted his head and gave the she-cat a funny stare as she stuttered and turned around. He watched her walk for a bit before getting up and padding after her. Quietly, he wondered where she was taking him.

message 18: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) As Silverjay walked, she noticed that Skyfang was padding just behind her, so she slowed down to match his pace. Trying to act natural, she pricked her ears and listened for prey nearby. Nothing. They padded along in silence for a little while, Silverjay just trying to focus on finding some more prey.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments Skyfang paused his pace when he noticed Silverjay slow down. He then resumed padding along at a decent pace, on the nose out for any prey. His nose twitched but was unable to find anything for the Clan.

message 20: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) After too long of silence and walking, Silverjay stopped suddenly with a sigh. "We aren't going to find anything, there's nothing around here." She sat down with a huff and began grooming down her fur on her back. She looked up at Skyfang after a moment, cocking her head. "You can't hear anything, either, can you? Any prey? Is it just me?"

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments Syfang stopped abruptly to avoid ramming into the she-cat. He laid himself down and groomed himself as well, taking another whiff of the air. "Nothing but heather, really. I wonder where all the prey is?" He licked his front right paw, which had gotten sore.

message 22: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) They fell into a lapse of silence once again. Silverjay continued grooming her fur, all the while thinking. She'd like to have said she was thinking of where to find some prey just then, but she ended up getting distracted and started daydreaming about the strong, young WindClan warrior beside her. Because of that, it took her a little longer than usual to identify the sour scent tickling her nose. At that moment, she jumped to her feet, and, yowling, ran as hard as she could, through the heather toward it, all the while yowling back to Skyfang, "FOOOOOOXXXXX".

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments Skyfang had finished grooming himself when he picked up a scent. Twitching his nose, he tried to decipher it among the heather, but had difficulty determining what it was. It was only when Silverjay yelled about a fox that his ears perked up. He now heard a fox approaching.

message 24: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) Silver jay's paws pounded across the Moor, flattening the heather and leaving a trail in her wake. For a brief moment, she lost the scent of the fox, but then found it again, and made a sharp right turn. Finally, she skidded to a halt, and stared, horrified, at the scene before her.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments Skyfang kept his head low and followed Silverjay's scent. He struggled to follow it through the heather and stench of fox, but managed to make a sharp turn, still following the trail. He came to an abrupt stop and poked his head up. "Why'd you stop?" he whispered.

message 26: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) Silverjay simply stared ahead at the scene, frozen. There was a shaggy red fox in the center of a clearing of heather, teeth bared, drooling over a small bundle of fluff, a kit, barely two moons old. Behind the fox, huddled under the safety of some heather, were two other kits, wide eyed and terrified.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) | 39 comments "What is it?" Skyfang whispered. He had ducked down into the heather again, worried about the fox picking up the scent of two different cats from the same Clan, making the scent stronger. "Is the fox still there?"