Free book editing/beta reading discussion

Offering Free Beta Services

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Champion I was on here a year ago and did many beta reads and had a long waitlist.

Unfortunately I was in an accident that left me unable to do my favourite thing in the entire world, Read. I have now been cleared and have my focus back.

I prefer to read dark romance or YA, but am open to anything.

I am a fairly quick reader with a Monday to Friday turn around of 24 to 72 hours.

Message me and I look forward to working with you :)

message 2: by D. L. (new)

D. L. Winters (dlwinters90) | 1 comments Hello Tiffany,

My name is Emma and I am a new author. I've just finished the first draft of my first book and I need a beta to give me honest feedback.

If you're interested please email me emmalcollins90@gmail.com

Thank you very much for your time,

Emma L. Collins

message 3: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Frank (kdfrank) | 2 comments Hi Tiffany,

I'm so glad to hear that you are better! You actually agreed to beta read my book last year right before your accident. If you are still interested, I would love to send it to you again. It's been through two more rounds of revisions since I last sent it to you so I really feel it's ready for another round of good readers. Let me know if you are interested. As a reminder, it's a YA/Fantasy, 108,000 words.

Here's a short synopsis:

Things were certainly not what they used to be in Fairholm, or anywhere else for that matter. Everything had changed once the portal had been discovered and two worlds collided. Human curiosity invaded their world while evil entered ours.

Young Rowan Calloway lost everything. Everything except that one tiny spark of hope she refused to let go of. Maybe that’s why the Guide had chosen her. Maybe he saw her strength and determination and used her to prompt a revolution of change. At his command, she set off on a journey that would do just that. Against all odds, she survived her travels to Fairholm—the City behind the wall—where she met Captain Joshua Jayr and his sister, Hannah.

Tasked with locating the Creed of Prophecy, Rowan teams up with the Captain after his dad is captured by the evil Queen Sahara of Apollyon who claims that Dr. Jayr was hiding the book—an ancient relic said to hold the power to destroy Apollyon. A book Sahara herself had once possessed and desperately wanted back. But finding the book would not be so easy and was just the first task, for without the one person the Creed conscripted, the power would be useless.

A story of hope and perseverance takes the reader on an unforgettable journey as Joshua and Rowan discover more than just the Creed. Each choice will either bring them closer or farther away from finally setting the world free from the Apollyon chains that bind them. Chains that were choking out the human race, killing them one-by-one each year during the sixth moon.

The Guide chose wisely in Rowan. But will she have the strength to persevere? Will she and Joshua be fortunate enough to find the Creed and the Healer—a task no other has managed in all these years—or will Sahara find the Creed first and destroy mankind altogether? We hope we know the answer. But that’s the funny thing about stories, they don’t always turn out as we predict.

message 4: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (bonnieferrante) | 2 comments Young adult historical fantasy set in Tudor England with paranormal qualities.

Title "Switch"

Completed work. Two years working alone, Two years with an editor. A year's rest and now completed. 239 pages, 66, 530 words. I need fresh eyes before publishing.

Are you interested in giving me feedback?

message 5: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 2 comments Hi tiffany,

I am glad you are better!

I am working on my blurb right now and would really appreciate your comments.

Thank you,

Bridget

Birdie Parker has lived in a bubble of wealth and comfort. Privilege has been her birthright, high society her playground. Until now…

Her fortune isn't what it was and neither is the world. Surrounded by a new elite more interested in social media than socializing she has lost her way. And don't get her started on the ravages of time on her perfect cheekbones.

But don’t count her out. Because nothing can take away her biggest asset: being Birdie.

With characteristic and often comical innocence Birdie fumbles her way toward a new and better reality. She even finds a surprising replacement for diamonds and social rank.

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Bowes | 1 comments Hello Tiffany
I am happy hear you are doing better. My name is Leslie and I am new author. I've just finished my first book and need help with on Spell cheek how to make passive voice into a Active voice and and some suggestions to make some chapters longer. Heart Healer is about Catherine Andrews is an English woman living in the 1800's. Her father has sold her to Blake Von-Clyer to be his wife to pay off his taxes he owed Mr. Von-Clyer. Catherine soon finds out Blake is a cruel and horrible man. On their wedding night to escape his cruelty she throws herself into the river. Christopher King is living in 2014 doing his best to raise his young son Ryan after his wife left him. One night Christopher finds a woman in the river unconscious and barely breathing. She is also wearing old fashioned clothes. Christopher does everything in his power to help the young women. When Catherine regains consciousness, she finds herself in a strange and unbelievable situation. Terrified, she does her best to keep her guard up against Christopher. But as she gets to know him, she can't help but fall for the man who saved her life. When Catherine's dangerous past comes back to haunt her, it has Catherine and Christopher fighting for each other and their love. In the darkest hour can time and love truly heal all wounds? Hope to talk to you soon you can e-mail at bowesleslie@bellsouth.net

message 7: by S. (new)

S. Maurya (smaurya) | 1 comments Hello Tiffany,

I am a newbie writer experimenting with samples. Currently, I am working on a Mystery/Thriller titled "If I Die". It's in an initial stage; so I would like to know if I am on the right path or I need more structural changes.

Here's the abstract:

They say friendship doesn't see boundaries; True they say. But how far would you go to test those limits?
Three friends, one journey & Million possibilities.

Link to Wattpad:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/9186913...

message 8: by Bill (new)

Bill Foster | 1 comments Hi,
I am a new author and would love to have a pair of fresh, clear eyes on my project. The genre is a combo of fantasy/history, with an emphasis on Black superheroes. I would love to get your feedback. Please let me know if you are remotely interested. Thank you.

Bill
sandles_d@yahoo.com

message 9: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Anderson | 1 comments Hello! I am finishing up my novel and am working to set up beta readers for the summer (around May/June). I know many beta's have back logs, so I wanted to reach out early.

Working titles: A Perfect Match and 365 Days to Live

Word Count: 80,000 (est.)

Synopsis:

Fifteen-year-old Charlotte Ives was born with a rare heart condition that put her life expectancy at sixteen. Up until now, she led a secluded life, being homeschooled by her grandmother and keeping company she could count on, mainly the four-legged type. This year, however, Charlotte is entering high school at Seattle Charter, where she hopes to keep her head down and go unnoticed, so when her time is up, no one else gets hurt. She doesn't want to leave this world owing anybody anything.

Claire Ives has done everything she could as Charlotte's mother to protect her from suffering more than she has to. But as Charlotte begins high school, her experiences expand, and Claire can no longer protect her from everything. When Charlotte finally starts fitting in and even brings home a boy, Claire worries what to do if this part of her heart breaks.

Told in alternating perspectives, this story connects the generations between mother and daughter as they let go of waiting to die, and finally start choosing to live.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Tiffany,

I would like feedback on my Pearls of Avanaria novellla. I am hoping to publish it this year.