Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Read Services

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Champion I was on here a year ago and did many beta reads and had a long waitlist.

Unfortunately I was in an accident that left me unable to do my favourite thing in the entire world, Read. I have now been cleared and have my focus back.

I prefer to read dark romance or YA, but am open to anything.

I am a fairly quick reader with a Monday to Friday turn around of 24 to 72 hours.

Message me and I look forward to working with you :)

message 2: by Sajai (last edited Oct 16, 2016 09:25PM) (new)

Sajai | 10 comments Hey, Tiffany!

I just signed up and was navigating the board. I saw your first post and had worried if Grapes of Wrath had taken up a lot of your time, lol. I'm happy to hear you're ok and back with us.

I have a fantasy novel at it's final stage. The paperback is on hold until I know for certain it's solid and I'd be thrilled to have someone read it through. Send your thoughts whenever you can; hope to hear from you soon!

message 3: by Ramyani (new)

Ramyani Gayen | 4 comments Hi Tiffany,
Glad to hear you are doing well ( not being able to read is possibly the most horrid thing ever. I am so glad you are better now.)
Will you be willing to work with a novel in progress? Having someone comment on my writing as I work on it will be very helpful. My novel is high fantasy, polyamorous slash (very little physical relations, if at all. Mostly focuses on the queerplatonic inter-relations, though the world its set in does not define homo/hetero normativity in any form), myth based and focuses on the character's personal story lines.
Please let me know if you are interested.
- Ramyani

message 4: by Nick (new)

Nick Tingley | 6 comments Hi Tiffany,

Glad to hear you've recovered. I had a sports injury not long ago that prevented me from reading and writing, so I feel your pain.

You look like you've already got a fair few requests, but if you're interested I have a short (30,000 word) mystery novella set in rural Victorian England that I'm looking to have Beta read. Not really a dark read, but I think you may enjoy it all the same...

The Butcher of Barclay's Hollow follows the story of Patrick Conroy, a butcher who has reluctantly been drafted in as the local parish constable. When an elderly vicar dies suddenly in the village, Conroy is called on to solve the crime. With the whole village set against him, Conroy discovers that he only has two assets to solve the case - his own intuition and the skills of a young girl.

If you are interested, feel free to message me on nick-tingley@hotmail.co.uk and I will direct you to where you can find it.

Many thanks,
Nick

message 5: by David (new)

David Callinan (davidcallinan) | 32 comments Hello Tiffany
My surrogacy thriller MISCONCEPTION has been long listed for a Crime Writers Associaton Dagger award. (under my pen name of Jack Burns).

It is a work-in-progress. Three leading literary agents (so far) are keen to see the finished book based on a three chapter pitch – or even read extracts/chapters as I write them. The book will probably be finished by Christmas.

Think of it as 'Fatal Attraction' meets 'Girl On A Train'.

I am looking for a beta reader to take a look at the first nine or ten chapters and then (if interested) more chapters over months to stay close to the story. Probably easier to email me at books@davidcallinan.com although I have ticked the notify me box.

I look forward to hearing from you.

message 6: by Jay (last edited Oct 23, 2016 09:11AM) (new)

Jay Storey (jayallanstorey) | 80 comments Hi, Tiffany,

I'm looking for a beta reader for my thrilling 75,000 word YA/Science Fiction novel, ‘The Black Heart of the Station’.

Synopsis:

Josh Driscoll, a teenager living in a mysterious underground city known as ‘The Station’, is forced to enroll as a novice monk at Saint Carmine’s, the Station’s resident monastery, as punishment for numerous petty crimes and mischief.

At first desperate to escape, he’s gradually drawn into the monastery’s scriptures, which seem to answer questions about the Station’s origin, now lost in the mists of time. From the scriptures, Josh comes to believe that the ‘Black Heart’, a computer complex of unknown purpose buried in a part of the Station critically damaged centuries ago, is vital to their future survival.

When the governing Council, of which Josh’s own father is a member, announces plans to demolish the Black Heart to open up badly needed living space, Josh forms a movement and leads a desperate battle to stop the demolition.

You can reach me at: jastorey@shaw.ca

Thanks,
Jay

message 7: by Ms. (new)

Ms. Luna | 10 comments I'm in the middle of rewriting and editing a YA paranormal fantasy, if you're interested. Approx. 83K

Serena's family are being murdered at an alarming rate so Serena, 16, finds herself in a race against the clock to uncover who's killing them and why, before she becomes the last victim. All the while being forced to discover who she is and where she's going to end up.

Message me on goodreads or @ luna.wolfegurl@gmail.com

message 8: by Jay (new)

Jay Storey (jayallanstorey) | 80 comments Hi, Tiffany,

I'm looking for a beta reader for my thrilling 75,000 word YA/Science Fiction novel, ‘The Black Heart of the Station’.

Synopsis:

Josh Driscoll, a teenager living in a mysterious underground city known as ‘The Station’, is forced to enroll as a novice monk at Saint Carmine’s, the Station’s resident monastery, as punishment for numerous petty crimes and mischief.

At first desperate to escape, he’s gradually drawn into the monastery’s scriptures, which seem to answer questions about the Station’s origin, now lost in the mists of time. From those scriptures, Josh comes to believe that the ‘Black Heart’, a computer complex of unknown purpose buried in a part of the Station critically damaged centuries ago, is vital to their future survival.

When the governing Council, of which Josh’s own father is a member, announces plans to demolish the Black Heart to open up badly needed living space, Josh forms a movement and leads a desperate battle to stop the demolition.

You can reach me at: jastorey@shaw.ca

Thanks,
Jay

message 9: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) Good morning Tiffany,

Glad you are well and back reading.

Would love it if you would be willing to beta read our newest novel The Neuromorphs.

Here is a link to the book where you can read a chapter and decide if it is interesting to you.
http://dennismeredith.com/the-neuromo...

The authors blog post here http://wp.me/pjyFJ-vM
explains why beta readers and reviewers are so important and that we do listen!

You can reach me at editor@glyphus.com

Thanks for your consideration,
Joni