The Palace of the Cursed discussion

Characters > Character Pics

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LJF, Lieutenant LJF (Third in command) (last edited Aug 14, 2017 10:04PM) (new)

LJF | 668 comments Mod
Alright, so I was hoing through these pictures, and i realized this list had a few minor issues:
1) Some of these pictures have already been used.
2) Some of these links no longer work.
3) They haven't been categorized enough- just because you know the age and gender of your character doesnt mean you want to have to go through a bunch of fluffy tailed pics looking for a pic for your bird character.
4) There's not enough variety- what if you want a character older than 25, or can't find just the right picture on this list?

So I'm redoing it- scrapping the used/disused pics, recategorizing, and tons of new pics!

message 2: by LJF, Lieutenant LJF (Third in command) (last edited Jul 24, 2018 06:12PM) (new)

LJF | 668 comments Mod
Female
5-15 years old
Fluffy ears and/or tail

Winged

Horned

Rodent

Rabbit

Squirrel

Bear

Mostly human-looking

message 3: by LJF, Lieutenant LJF (Third in command) (last edited Jul 24, 2018 06:07PM) (new)

LJF | 668 comments Mod
Female (con.)
16-25 years old
Fluffy ears and/or tail

Winged

Horned

Mostly human-looking

26+ years old
Mostly human-looking

message 4: by LJF, Lieutenant LJF (Third in command) (last edited Jul 23, 2018 07:41PM) (new)

LJF | 668 comments Mod
Male
5-15 years old
Fluffy ears and/or tail

Horned

Rodent

Mostly human-looking

16-25 years old
Fluffy ears and/or tail

Horned

Rabbit

Mostly human-looking

26+ years old
Fluffy ears and/or tail

Horned

Androgynous
5-15 years old
Fluffy ears and/or tail

Rodent

Peacock

Mostly human-looking

16-25 years old
Fluffy ears and/or tail

Rabbit

Chicken

Mostly human-looking

26+ years old
Mostly human-looking

message 5: by LJF, Lieutenant LJF (Third in command) (last edited Aug 15, 2017 08:40AM) (new)

LJF | 668 comments Mod
Here's how I organized:
(And then these are the specific classifications:)
Fluffy ears and/or tail
This is the most common category of animal/human hybrid pictures. These pictures can be used for lots of animals- dogs, wolves, wildcats, foxes, and more.

Some kind of common animal/human hybrid attribute
These include horns (antlers too!) and wings(leathery, scaled, and feathery).

Some type of animal with lots of species
Like rodents- you've got mice, hamsters, gerbils, ferrets, etc.

Specific species
Pictures that generally only work with one animal. That isnt set in stone- for example, a snake picture was once used for an eel character.

Mostly human-looking
These pictures look more-or-less human. The one major difference is that many (not all) have rather unusual hair and/or eye colors.

message 6: by LJF, Lieutenant LJF (Third in command) (last edited Aug 15, 2017 08:00AM) (new)

LJF | 668 comments Mod
A few clarifications:
1) Androgynous means that the picture doesnt look like either gender in particular, so you can use them for either male or female characters.
2) Group rules say that there can only be one character for each species but some animals have lots of different species, so we could end up with more than one character for an animal. (This is why we have more then one fox character.) But not a different character for each breed. (The difference being that different breeds can mate and produce fertile offspring, while different species CANNOT. That's why we have ONE cat character but can have sevral wildcat characters.) Just clearing that up.
3) Obviously, these are very broad, somewhat subjective age ranges, and some of them were hard to decide. If a picture looks like it can be anywhere between 13 and 17, which category should it go in? In order to make it easier I usually just went with the younger range. So if you're looking for a 16 year old character and can't find just the right picture in 15-25, check 5-15. (Not always, but in general. There's a chance you might find the perfect picture for your 14 year old in 15-25, or one for your 23 year old in 25+.) Plus within each classification, I tried to sort the pics by apparent age order to make it easier.
4) Yes, I will add more pics when I find ones that fit.
5) Yes, some of these links start the same, but they should all be different pictures. If you find any duplicates, let me know.
6) If you do use one of these pictures, (Please do! I found all these to help you guys!) Please comment which one so I can remove it from the list. Thanks!
7) Finally, and most importantly, if any of you guys find a picture online you can't use for your character but think that someone else can, go ahead and post it here so it can be added to the list! Thanks again!
Enjoy!

message 7: by DuskFox, God of all Cursed (Creator and Head Mod) (new)

DuskFox | 1439 comments Mod
Oh. My. Goodness.....This is incredible!!!!!! Thank you so so so much LJF!!!!

message 8: by LJF, Lieutenant LJF (Third in command) (new)

LJF | 668 comments Mod
You are very very very welcome!👌

Penelope  ~Conversations with my cat~ | 584 comments :O This is awesome!!

message 10: by LJF, Lieutenant LJF (Third in command) (new)

LJF | 668 comments Mod
I labeled all the pics and added some new ones!

message 11: by LJF, Lieutenant LJF (Third in command) (new)

LJF | 668 comments Mod
I finally figured out how to post pictures properly on goodreads!